Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What I got up to

I am finally back at work; not very enthusiastic about it but there is nothing I can do about it, I guess. It was difficult to update my blog while I was away as I did not have access to the internet all this time. It felt odd but strangely, comforting as well, not to be connected to the outside world.

These 2 weeks have flown right past me as much went on in my household and surrounding areas. As you all know, my parents are off holidaying in Argentina for 2 months (whom I haven’t heard from in weeks, they must be having a ball) so our house in quite a disarray at the moment. I have spent most of the time cleaning, doing the dishes and laundry, mopping, tidying up, watering the garden, among other things. I have never returned from leave this exhausted!!

So what else did I get up to, besides attempting a bit of domestication? Other than the usual reading and watching way too much TV, the following happened:
- Met Cailin, Martin’s girlfriend, for the first time. Cool chick, she has the poor boy whipped. Ha ha. They stayed next door at my aunt’s place for over a week. It was great to have them over, lounging till late and talking kak.
- Invited the gang over for a braai, where a lot of booze flowed (Weasel couldn’t believe how much beer they had drunk that first weekend), watched rugby then carried on the party at Tempo’s…
- …where we watched Inersha battle it out against Hikatori, The Paradigm, Namue and Harvey 2Face for the Battle for Woodstock Final. Despite Inersha’s brilliant performance, as always, they lost out to Hikatori (they have some weird fans), much to our disappointment. When Inersha got on stage, I spent most of the time dodging moshers and trying to avoid being thrown under the stage. That was until my own dear brother Ferdi sent me flying against the speakers. Oh, and I discovered Inersha has a really hot roadie. Sly devil me got a few sneaky pics of him.
- We watched the Battle for Woodstock footage on MK89 several days later and were proud to have made it on TV. That was cool.
- Shopping for Woodstock – that was hilarious. The gang shopping together. Most of it consisted of booze, some 2/3 trolleys full. Ok, I lie, maybe it was one.
- Went to a Golf Day hosted by our department even though I am on leave. My boss was confused about it but I was enticed by the free shooters that we were handing out to the golfers (one for you, two for me!), getting a tan (got burnt) and driving a golf cart (I’m starting to be quite the pro at it, though several golfers still want to kill me). And I met Graham Joffee from 94.7, funny oke.
- Hosted a ladies’ night at my place. We made Dom Pedros, which made me slightly ill after one too many. We had some snacks, shooters and watched that dashing Heath Ledger as “Casanova”. And no, contrary to some crazy talk, this is not a documentary on Ferdi! The evening ended well, though the boys crashed after a while and I still had to pack for Woodstock.
- Had the most awesome weekend at Woodstock! More on that later.
- And the last 3 days I have spent doing more cleaning (especially my tent!), catching up on lost sleep from this weekend, and trying to get myself psyched up for work again. Ugh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you need a holiday, hahaha...
Man what a time, everything was so nice except the part where you did the cleaning, I think we need to have a talk about that...

Anonymous said...

I thought you said that ur version of Woodstock was better?? Where is it????

CaZ said...

Um, if you read properly, you'd see that I will only post the Woodstock bit this afternoon. I have some work to catch up on.

Berny and Tink, the cleaning was a REAL BITCH, but at least the house is sort of spotless. I am a neat freak.

Anonymous said...

sorry....

The Real Marbro said...

which part would that be?ferdis room?in the carpark where the theives struck?

CaZ said...

haha its cool, apology accepted.