Monday, October 30, 2006

Another Weekend, Another Piss-Up

Friday’s plans to braai at my place were completely thwarted by the sudden unexpected (but badly needed) rain. It also almost destroyed my newly highlighted and cut hair (but no one really cares). It came in buckets, so, like wet rabbits, we went to Panarottis instead. Like Weasel said: 4 adults, and three very big children (Martin, Ferdi and Basti). All the restaurants in the centre were packed with people, so we were lucky to get a table.

We bravely moved the braai to Saturday. Weasel and I went to a church committee meeting in the afternoon (we are already planning next year’s Spring Festival), and then went to do all the necessary shopping. Let me add here that I hate to shop for food, especially at Fruit & Veg – people just don’t know how to walk there!!!

I kept on looking up at the skies for any sign of rain. It looked like this time, God was on our side. We had quite a nice meal, this time I didn’t cut any of my fingers, limbs etc, and had a decent amount of alcohol in our system. All went well, till Berny spoilt it by saying that one day I would make a good housewife (I had washed all the dishes and cleaned up soon after we ate). That was enough to drive me to the nuthouse. Me? A housewife?

Since it looked like it was definitely not going to rain, and were done with supper early, we went to the drive-in. It has been a while. Armed with more booze and snacks, we set up our camping chairs in front of Weasel’s car and got ready to watch Will Ferrell’s new movie, “Talladega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby”. Berny missed the first five minutes of the movie and when I was beginning to wonder where she had got to, she came running back, and told us that she found R400 in the girls’ toilets. I would have kept it, but honest as she is, she handed it in at the manager’s office. No one did claim it in the end, so when she asked if she could keep it, the manager gave her some kak, nonsense excuse about having to deposit it in a bank account???

To make matters worse, the power went out several times while we were trying to watch the movies. It happened twice during the first movie, during which 80% of the cars just had to start hooting, just in case the drive-in employees were sleeping and didn’t have a clue that the whole place was in darkness. Luckily we got to watch the first movie, but we weren’t so lucky with the second. It was called “The Descent” – never heard of it, much less the actresses that were in it. It was quite boring to begin with, but just when it started to get mildly interesting (a weird looking Gollum like creature appears in the cave, suddenly out of nowhere), I jump up, and the lights go out AGAIN. Perfect moment but the power never came back on, at least, we don’t think so. We waited about 15 minutes, then gave up, packed everything and went home. Now I have to know what happens in that movie, damnit.

The jinx carried on yesterday when I decided to do the laundry. True as bob, it started to rain again, after I had just hung out the clothes to dry. Then a sharp pain started to spread from my left shoulder to the rest of my arm. It is so painful that I cannot use my arm. I struggled not to scream out loud while getting dressed this morning. Can anything else go wrong this week? Or is this asking for trouble?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about the housewife comment I must have had alot of booze in my system to say that.
As for the money Carson's ass man nothing good comes from honesty, heck we could'nt even finsh the movie. Oh and congrats on not cutting yourself. Hope you feel better soon!

CaZ said...

Its ok Berny, I forgive you. Haha. Next time, keep the money, karma's got nothing on us!!

Im feeling worse by the minute. Damn this arm!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kiss my ass Muderdoll!

CaZ said...

Nah, I dont think that was it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Probably.

Sheesh Berny... Touchy?? Oh wait. Its Monday. So its understandable!

CaZ said...

Oi!!! Who is that??

Ferdi??