Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Circus is Back in Town!!!!

Yes, the REAL circus, with ponies and lions and elephants and all! Well, actually, I haven’t seen the elephant yet, but I am hoping. The circus has moved in several blocks from my house, for its annual show. I am more excited than ever, and hope that this year, Weasel will show a bit of charity and take Ferdi and me to the circus. He just has to!

Last year I remember looking sadly at the elephant chained outside a trailer for over two weeks. He looked so lonely and forlorn. I wanted to go over and set him free. Maybe keep him as a pet. In our garden? Yeah, right. Still, I felt sad for him. He hasn’t made an appearance as yet, this year. I wonder where he is?

My most vivid and only memory of the circus is when I was 5 years old. That was the only time my parents took me to the circus. See, Ferdi! Mom and Dad love me! I don’t ever remember them taking you or Weasel there! All I can remember though is being called to the front with some other kids where we had to dance to the music for a quick competition. I remember looking up at the clowns and wanting to go back to my mommy. That’s when my fear of clowns began. I always thought it had to do with IT the clown, but I was wrong. Though he did exacerbate my phobia. Ugh.

If it weren’t for c-c-c-c-c-lowns, I’d probably visit the circus more often. Now that I think about it, maybe getting Weasel to take us there is not such a good idea after all. Unless it’s for a quick stop to drop off Ferdi. I always thought he belonged in a circus.

4 comments:

The Real Marbro said...

my most vidid memory was those woman that climbed the stuff then went ape and started swinging,put it this way.the leotard was a size to small and creeping away.I was shocked.!

CaZ said...

I was expecting a comment like that. Thanks Greg.

I saw some topless chinese trapeze artists running behind the tent yesterday. Ferdi got so excited.

Anonymous said...

I hate seeing the animals there, I always feel so sorry for them. The clowns are cool!

CaZ said...

Noooooooo!!! Not the C-c-c-c-c-c-c-lowwwwnnssss!!!