Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Crush

My first crush was Axl Rose, as far as I can remember, unless I count a chubby little boy called Emiliano in my nursery school class – but I didn’t know better then. Since I loved hairy men, it’s no surprise that after the Axl phase wore off I moved onto Jon Bon Jovi and other hairy animals.

My crushes tend not to last long, I get bored easily. I have had plenty. And yes, I still get those high-school girl type crushes. I’m young, and single, so I don’t see any harm in fantasizing about a few men here and there. In fact, I have two at the moment, one of them being Wentworth Miller – what’s not to love about that sexy Wenty? The other I’d rather not talk about…

But enough about MY crushes. The highlight of today is how my friend and I played a sneaky little joke on one of our older (and married) female colleagues here at work. We always suspected she had the hots for someone here at work but never had the proof. And now we do. She is a typical domkop (a la Posh Spice) who is quick to criticize you if your butt is too big and expects to receive compliments when she “looks nice”.

My friend sent her a link to an intranet site, where you are required to put in your three greatest loves. She filled it in and clicked “Send”. What she doesn’t know is that this then gets sent to a person here at work who “compiles the data”. Well, we got her results this morning. And surprise surprise, our suspicions were confirmed. Her husband did not even feature, but…our boss did!! Ugh! Our boss!!

I have a strong suspicion too that something did happen between the two of them sometime this year and then ended abruptly – but her crush on him is still strong – obviously, he was her first choice!! I am gonna be watching them carefully from now on, especially on our weekend away in Zambia. Damn, if I had the guts, I could write a book on who is doing who here in the office!!! Who needs soapies, heh heh.

Have you had any weird crushes? Do tell!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wierd crushes? ha ha ... plenty! But it's gonna require a case of tequila and some nachos to get it out of me!

CaZ said...

Note to self: remember nachos and TEQUILA when Tink comes to visit.

Anonymous said...

great blog, I think we have all had our fair share of crushes wierd or not.
Tink you only need a case hey, mmm the planning starts