Friday, October 20, 2006

I would like to thank...six of nine!!

I was thinking last night about how, just by meeting six of nine (check them out on www.sixofnine.com ), it led to a huge chain of events. It all started 2 years ago, sometime in April, I think, memory is fuzzy. Ferdi told me about this awesome band called six of nine from Cape Town, and that they were to JHB to play at Roxys. I listened to one of their songs, Close to Me, and I was hooked. So I went with Ferdi and Weasel to check out this band, on a cold Tuesday night, at Roxys. That night I was only introduced to then guitarist, Dave. I remember thinking, cool oke. The band rocked and so they had won another fan, me.

I soon joined their chat forum, first one I ever joined, and had a few laughs with the members. At Woodstock 6 Ferdi and I hooked up with the band again, watched them on stage then hung out with them for a bit. Geoff thought I was a crazy drunk. He wasn't too far off. On the chat site, I got to know Phatfoo as well, aka Jeremy Nell of Urban Trash fame. In no time, he invited me to his chat site, jnf, where Ferdi was already a member, which he failed to tell me about!

I got hooked on it too, spent more time on it than on actual work. Jeremy and I became good pals, which paid off - I became a mod after a few months. Lol. I got to know several other weird characters soon enough, and even met some of them, like Marbro, Vomitboy, Murderdoll and more. I went to Cape Town for the first time this year, and met the gang there: Phatfoo, Soulforge, antirockstar, misses, Fantasy, saw Geoffypoo again and met his wife, Girly. Had waffles at Wes and Cell's place too.

I met other strange and wonderful people here in JHB as well, like Gol, Amtobi and Nerf (the serial tap thief). By pure coincidence, voiceofreason, who Ferdi and I met at Woodstock 6 after he and his band, Burnt Reason opened the Festival, joined jnf about a year after.

Then along came Berny, Marbro's sister, who is now Ferdi's better half and a kick ass jolling side-kick. We also got to meet chim (Marbro's chick) who we got to know through jnf as well. One person I still HAVE TO meet, is Tink. I look forward to the day when we will down tequila, using chippendales as body shots, till the early hours.

So thanks to six of nine, I have met all these characters, got involved in one of the coolest SA chat sites, and developed some great friendships. Thank you.

6 comments:

The Real Marbro said...

foo ruined my life too..and geoff made it better

CaZ said...

Aaawwww. Doesnt he hug well?

Anonymous said...

Wow, all thanks to them. Well I want to thank them aswell because if it were not for them you would never have joined jnf and I would not have such a cool drinking buddy

Anonymous said...

aww cazzy you rock! six of nine, changing lives, it's what we do ;) peace

The Real Marbro said...

what kaks this..wes posting on a blog..EEEEK!famous people..run!

CaZ said...

WOW!!!! Wes posted in my blog!!! Woooohooooooo!!!


Thanks guys.