Monday, October 23, 2006

Ay caramba, it's burrito time!!

To carry on with the tradition of having a weekly party/intervention at our place, we decided to have a burrito and tequila fiesta last Saturday. I was very close to cancelling cause I was a bit under the weather, and not in the mood to cook. The only thing that kept me going was the thought of sampling some tequila. It turned out to be a very dodgy tequila that Weasel bought cheap cheap last year. Needless to say, most of us used it to water the plants in the garden, cause they looked thirsty.

Uli and I gathered in the kitchen to prepare the burritos. We did more talking than cooking until the Ferdi ordered us to get a move on. As if I am gonna listen!! But I was hungry, my taste buds were going bananas so I rolled out the dough chop chop while Uli cooked them on the pan. I put together some mince with onions and mexican style tomatoes, Uli grated some cheese and we were soon all set. Jamie Oliver, watch out!!

I must say that I was very impressed with the results. Nothing was left in the end. I even made some soggy nachos (ok, I put some chips in the microwave with cheese and tomatoes) as a starter. All we needed was some decent tequila and some sombreros to complete the Mexican theme - will remember that for next time. I ended the evening by almost falling asleep on my camping chair. It's hard work, being in the kitchen! How the hell did I ever get that right?

3 comments:

The Real Marbro said...

muchacho!sad i missed it.even though it sounded kak..soggy chips.egggghhhhhh

CaZ said...

They were actually quite tasty! In a wet kind of way...

Anonymous said...

It was really nice for me.