Thursday, November 30, 2006

Dont leave things till too late

Yesterday I realised how precious every moment with family and friends are - never take them for granted, appreciate every second you have with them, no matter how much they may annoy you or disappoint you at times, they are still special.

On Tuesday morning a close friend of mine was admitted into hospital with a brain haemorrhage and we all feared the worst. A similar thing happened to another friend of mine several years ago and she didn't make it, so naturally I was scared that this was it for her as well. Yesterday morning my fears practically worsened when I was told that she most likely would not make it, and if she did, she'd be paralysed and have brain damage. Why was this happening? She is only 21!!

I thought of all the good times we had, especially this year, and how many more we still have to have! The past few months I have neglected her and now I regret not spending more time with her. It's amazing how we only realise this once tragedy strikes. So I have been praying for a miracle.

And it looks like my prayers might just be answered. I went to visit her in ICU last night. I was a bit scared at first and waited a whole 20 minutes before I eventually went in as I did not know what to expect. But I am glad that I did. Though it was hard to see her lying there, unconscious with all these tubes and machines, she didn't look as bad as I expected. She even had some colour in her face. My friend and I spoke to her a bit, obviously she didnt respond, but her heart rate improved. So deep down she must have known that we were there.

The nurses told us that her heart rate was stable and a friend mentioned that the bleeding had stopped. Now that is something to be positive about!!! She remained stable throughout the night and I am hoping that she will recover 100% from this. Im going to visit her again this afternoon, maybe I will get some more good news. I can only hope and remain strong.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame I really hope she pulls through.
Have I met her?

CaZ said...

Yeah, she was at Paddys for Sonjas birthday, tall and blonde (remember the night we went to see the narrow, afterwards?)
She was also at the beerfest at our church.

Anonymous said...

oh ok I cant remember her, who watched Casanova with us?

CaZ said...

Oh yeah, she was there as well when we watched Casanova.

Well, I just got good news from Inki that they have taken her off life support and is breathing on her own. Last night I was so worried when I left the hospital but now Im relieved!!

Anonymous said...

Thats Great news.
I remember who she is now.
Now we just wait until she is back on her feet, which I hope is soon