Thursday, November 23, 2006

Back to school is cool?

Our Treasury division is having the Year End Function bash tonight and yours truly got the nod for the third year in a row. I can never say no to a party, especially when the booze is free and plenty, but I just have a problem with this year's theme: Back to School. Like my friend's husband said, whoever came up with this idea must have been male cause the uniforms are gonna be short and tight. No way a grown woman can fit into most school uniforms these days.

So you see my problem here. I like to think that Im not that fat but it's been almost 10 years since I matriculated and there is no way I can fit into my school dress. Impossible. Unless I like the ripped look, which I dont. We were told to go buy new school uniforms at Pep so that we can afterwards donate it to charity. Great idea. Not only will I be doing something good in the end, but I just might be able to find a uniform that will fit me - I have seen some podgy school girls out there. heh heh heh.

I went to Pep yesterday and found F' all. Went to Jet, same story, but I managed to get a school shirt at least. This morning I decided to attempt Woolies and lo and behold I found a skirt that fits, BUT, and this is a big BUTT (heh heh), the skirt is miles too long. I never wore skirts below my knee when I was in school so why should I now? Im very tempted to shorten the hem and staple it together. I think I just might. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Or I could always go against the norm and do my own thing, maybe like a School of Rock uniform. Yeah, I like that idea. Will see when I get to the party. Its gonna be held at our training centre in Sandown and this year I will spend the night there so I can party till late. Yes, I know I still have to work tomorrow, but I hardly ever function properly on a Friday so what's the difference? My friend and I have booked ourselves a room and for some dumbass reason, it costs more than a normal hotel. Bloody hell. But I want to party, so Im paying. Its the least I can do.

So check you all tomorrow, with a babelaas (and hopefully no injuries...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy it, Dont cut your arm again though, if you know what I mean.
hehehe.
Drink afew for me too!
And there better be tequila involved!

CaZ said...

Ooooooh, I hope so too...

Anonymous said...

Have a great time and no worries I matriculated with you and there is no way in hell I can fit in my school dress. Besides that, if I remember correctly we all pretty much wrote total rubbish on them on the last day of school.

Have a blast!!!!