Monday, November 13, 2006

I got Kerran's drum sticks...nanananana

...and four more. I saved this story for last, cause well, it was the best part of the weekend! (sorry mom and dad!!). Saturday night, Berny, Ferdi, Martin, Shawn and I went to Tempos to see iNeRsHa more than anything else, and other bands, for the Chemical Wedding bash (apparently a couple got married? Haha). It started early in the day but got there just after six to see the cooler bands.

Around the same time we arrived, the guys from Inersha got there as well and I met up with Kerran at the bar. Didnt even have to introduce myself, he knew me from our chats and Woodstock. Cool. Really friendly dude. Martin shook a very frightened (?) looking Fred's hand - he probably thought Martin was a stalker. I would think the same.

First band we saw that night was Rife. Not bad. In fact, quite good, so Berny and I organised with their drummer later on to drop off two CDs for us. Cant wait to listen to it. At the end of their performance he was our first victim, in that we very nicely asked him for his drum sticks. He looked reluctant to give it to us, or maybe it was just our impression, but nonetheless we got them. I then went up to Kerran and asked him if he could give us his after their performance. Of course, he agreed, with a smile.

Next up was Namuh, who we last saw at the Battle for Woodstock Final. By then Berny and I were on a Smirnoff Storm rampage (and one tequila) and rocked on in front. We then approached their drummer and walked away with his drum sticks as well. Two down, three to go. When Inersha came on I was ready for some serious headbanging, except that my hair kept getting in the way all the time so I kind of did a half job then - which still made my neck hurt like hell in the end. I know I always say this, but THIS has to be their best performance yet. I enjoyed it so much! And of course, at the end, Kerran came over to the edge of the stage and handed over his drum sticks to me. I was so chuffed with myself.

We then watched Knave - apparently their lead singer was the one who got married. He had a cool top hat and walking stick which Martin kept eyeing enviously. I swear, I sometimes worry about that child. The band was cool too, the bride even came on stage and threw her bouquet from the stage. And dont forget the garter! Oh, and we got their drummer's sticks as well. Heheh. I recognised him from his days in Track 4, and told him so.

Berny and I had a very drunken chat with Kerran and the drummer from Rife. Cant remember much of what was said but it was cool chatting with them. We promise that next time my parents are out of town and we have a party, you will be invited too! The band that surprised me (though not so much cause Ferdi had told me earlier that they rocked) was Chromium. By then I was quite hyped up and managed to dodge the moshers several times. These guys were awesome!!! I have to catch them at their next gig. Plus they have great taste in music! And yes, we got their drummer's sticks as well. So that five in total.

We would have gotten Pestroy's as well, but the boys were tired so we left before they even got on stage. After Chromium, Berny and I were sitting under the stage, watching Pestroy get ready. I got into a convo with Gump about next week's album launch and then called Dylan the drummer over who agreed to give me his drum sticks after the show. Pity we left then.

When I got home I immediately regretted all those Storms (especially since I had to get up in less than 5 hours to go to the airport to meet my folks!). I got ready for bed in slow motion and then realised I was thirsty so I went down to the kitchen - and fell down the stairs. I made a huge noise but luckily Ferdi and Weasel were already sleeping and they didnt seem too bothered to check what happened. So I quickly got up, laughed, surveyed the damage (nothing) and went to the kitchen.

Next morning it took me a while to figure out why I had a sore butt. Nevertheless, I wasnt a happy chappy, being hungover sucks. Never a dull moment with me.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you it was the best ever! I still cant believe that we got all those sticks.
Maybe I should give Martin one inersha stick seeing that I do have two.

CaZ said...

No, let the slut organise his own.

Even though the injuries keep getting worse, I cant wait for the next gig!!

Pity I didnt bring my camera. Im such a moron.

Anonymous said...

Well that makes me a moron too because I didnt even think of taking my camera

CaZ said...

Well, there is always a next time *wink*

CaZ said...

Well, hurry up, and get to JHB already so you can join us in on the fun!!

CaZ said...

Berny and I just had two flashbacks:

One was that I told Pestroy's drummer that Berny was a serial drum stick collector so we had to have his as well.

Second: Berny asked Cavan (bassist from iNeRsHa) for his pik. Bassists dont use piks, apparently. Haha.

Anonymous said...

Blonde Moment of the year!

Anonymous said...

hey hey ;) Glad u seemed to enjoy it ... the next big gig with Chromium, Knave, Torment (and surprise act) will be next week friday at Kahoonies on ontdekkers ... looks to be grand ... so there will be at least 2 more band's sticks you'll be able to acquire ;)
www.myspace.com/wearetorment

CaZ said...

Well then, I will have to make sure that Im there!!!!

Thanks for posting!!