Monday, November 20, 2006

Out of the office

It seems that Im more out of the office lately, than in. And Im not complaining. Last Friday I left at 1pm for a quick delivery to Sandton, which took a total of 10 minutes and then my friend and I buggered off home. We stayed long enough to check out where we might possibly be sitting from next year onwards. Unless they make some logistical changes here and there, we are gonna be squeezed in like sardines. How charming. I always wanted to be close to my boss. Right.

Yesterday we went to Lekotla in the Nelson Mandela's Square for Karen's birthday. Long liquid, very expensive lunch. We left the office earlier than we were supposed to, due to a power failure in town - try working in the dark - its just not fun. Leaving early proved to be futile as the person I was driving with got stopped by a merciless traffic cop, for talking on her cellphone. Never mind that she had both hands on the steering wheel and her phone was on loudspeaker, its still an offence to talk on your cellphone while driving. Its because she was driving a BMW, and is white. Enough said.

So 20 minutes and a R500 fine later, we drove off, making us very late for the lunch. Everyone was already there seated at the bar with their drinks. I quickly ordered and then we moved to the private dining room. I was a bit sceptical of the place - African cuisine, but ended up being surprised at how good the food was. Though I was careful to order a vegetarian wrap, I wasnt gonna chance the meat. I am VERY fussy.

I was forced to sit next to my former boss, whom I greatly dislike, but I turned my back to him most of the time and spoke to Karen instead. She is in much better spirits these days, which made me glad. It was a nice lunch, which ended abruptly just after 3, as everyone rushed to get out before the kak Sandton traffic got under way. It was nice to be home early and Im tempted to do the same today. I just might!

As there are more and more parties and lunches to attend this month, I wonder where I will fit in the rest of the work that I need to complete before the end of year blues kick in. I love this time of year, heh heh heh

No comments: