Sunday, November 26, 2006

Chromium kicked ass!!!

I never thought I’d make it to this gig, after the rough back-to-school party, but boy am I glad that I did. As Friday progressed I was feeling more and more miserable and buggered, and begged my friend to take me home. I got home at 4 in the afternoon and passed out on my bed for two hours. I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for more punishment.

Ferdi told me that Uli had called so I phoned her back and convinced her to come with us to Kahoonies to watch Chromium, Inersha etc. I couldn’t believe it. She was finally joining us! Ferdi, our ever faithful choffeur drove Uli and me to the gig. I was tempted to sit in the back seat with Uli to get the full taxi experience but Ferdi threatened to drive topless so I sat in front. We found the place in no time and met Martin, Berny and friends.

Almost immediately we introduced ourselves to the guys from Chromium. It didn’t take much for Jared, the lead singer, to realize who I was – all I had to mention was my blonde moment that I had when we were chatting last week and he immediately clicked. Lol.

Before we even got there I told Uli that I was just drinking coke that night, as I was still extremely hungover, but it felt very strange to ask for a coke so I ordered a Smirnoff Storm. After a few sips I felt my old self coming back from the dead – it’s true what they say: the only way to kill a hangover is to just carry on drinking!! And so I did. Oh dear me. I knew I was going to regret it.

We first watched some band, whose lead singer was getting very friendly with the pole on stage. Something tells me that he was a stripper in another lifetime. In the meantime I bought the Chromium CD from Jared and I also got their T-shirt from a cool guy called Wessel – the drummer’s brother. Shot dude.

Berny and I also negotiated with several band members as to who was getting whose picks/drumsticks. We found out that Adrian, the bassist, uses a pick, unlike Cavan from Inersha – Berny made sure I knew that, haha. She was supposed to get his pick, but since his was purple, and well, purple is MY favourite colour (it is, ok?), I ended up with it. Heh heh heh. He also gave me his Jagermeister cap – I will treasure it always. The guys were kind enough to pose for photos with us too – a lot of photos – I remember saying, whenever it was my turn to pose “Do me! Do me!” Hee hee.

Since these boys are from PE and well, PE is apparently a small town, I had to get my PE man in on the action. I phoned Matthew aka Vomitboy and got Matthew (from Chromium) to speak to Matthew. They don’t know each other, but they have mutual friends. See! I told you PE is a small town!

While fraternizing with some chicks in the toilets (I told them that Berny likes to touch. They looked scared), Berny and I got really bad news – Inersha was not playing that night. Oh well. I really wanted Uli to see them play. Guess we will have to go to another gig of theirs soon.

After Knave and Torment (more drumsticks!), Chromium finally came on and we stood right in front, as we promised. I don’t think I have ever ever headbanged as much as I did that night. But the aches and pains I got from that night were definitely worth it!! They kicked ass!!

After their performance I was reluctant to leave, as we were having such a good time. Berny and I were making asses of ourselves on the “dancefloor” and I even hugged Adrian, twice. Told him I like hugs. Since when? But I suppose, for him, I will allow that. Eventually the boys were getting restless, so we said goodbye and headed home, with Ferdi hitting the curb while trying to cut a corner. What an awesome night!

CD is awesome by the way! Buy it now!!!! (you can get it at www.rebelrock.co.za or at a music store near you!)

8 comments:

The Real Marbro said...

whore

Anonymous said...

My neck still hurts, it was awesome though and I cant wait for their next gig

CaZ said...

Martin princess - jealousy makes you ugly. Next time, get your boobie signed.

My neck hurts like hell too. Need more sleep!!!

Anonymous said...

we even did the ass dance, it just hit me

CaZ said...

Oh yeah *blush*
Something we shouldnt actually be mentioning!!!

We did have lots of fun!

CaZ said...

No no no, the less you know, the better...

Cant picture Chromium's Matt with blonde hair!

Anonymous said...

Glad u had fun :)
Will keep u posted on more gigs in the future :)

Yup - Matty was el blondo ... u can tell by the blonde fluff on his arms ;) hee hee

And agreed - the cd rocks!!!

CaZ said...

He looks so weird!!!

Thanks peeps.