Monday, November 13, 2006

The BEST jnf get-together EVER!!!


Yes, folks, Friday night’s “Last Braai” was the best jnf get-together we have had yet. I took the day off to do some random cleaning around the house since the maid was busy next door at my aunt’s place. The “cleaning” started later than scheduled as I decided to sleep in (after Zambia, I needed it). Ferdi made sure I knew that he was disgusted with my late appearance downstairs as he had already “had breakfast, let the maid in, gone for an interview and phoned another company”. In other news, our fat boy got a job with a law firm. He is starting in December, provided he actually passes his exams. Well done, fatso, I think.

Anyway, back to my story. By the time I got up and had breakfast, it was almost lunch time. So I got started on Ferdi’s lunch (pancakes) a bit later than he anticipated. I mopped, I washed, I cleaned, I was buggered. And the weather didn’t look too promising. Why oh why did it have to rain on this day?

I must have took out the camping chairs about 3 times before people arrived, and Ferdi must have brought them back in about 4 times (he also let me know about this). But at least we had a back-up plan, if it rained, we were moving the braai to Shawn’s place.

The rain looked more and more threatening so eventually we all drove the long 4 blocks to Shawn’s place. Marbro and Ferdi directed Nerf, Gol and co, topless. Enough said.

We had such good laughs, I even produced Robbie the Seal, rather reluctantly, but it was all good, though Weasel almost burnt the house down. I even got a cool demo CD, signed with an individual message (mine said “ponies are pretty) from Dylan – his band is Aion Truth. Thanks soooo much dude!!!

What else did we do? Memory is fuzzy but I remember a lot of bellies and boobies been drawn on, Benji (the dog with the evil eye) giving several people lapdances, um ja, lots happened, nevertheless, the alcohol flowed and smiles were all around. Even though this was called “The Last Braai” I hope there will be many more to come!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was awesome and the fact that I didnt pass out was a bonus!

CaZ said...

Ditto!!