Sunday, November 19, 2006

It's like Limp Bizkit all over again!

When I was in Zambia, we got news that Nickelback had cancelled their tour to South Africa, with a possibility of postponing it to early next year. My first thought was “Damn, I should have gone to see Live instead”. It was Limp Bizkit all over again. I had gotten tickets to see them too, until they cancelled at the very last minute. Bastards.

I went to get my refund this Saturday. Even if they do decide to come next year, I doubt I will repurchase a ticket. No matter what their reason for cancelling is, or no matter how much they promise to return in the future, when a band (any band) cancels, I lose interest. Sure, Nickelback is just a mediocre band to me, but even if say, Korn (god forbid) had to cancel out on us, I’d hate them forever. It’s just the way things are with me.

Due to the lack of decent International acts coming to South Africa, I try to see as many of them as possible, whether I really like them or not. Last one I went to see was the Violent Femmes – and they were awesome.

But at this rate, if these international bands keep cancelling (plus charging us astronomical entrance fees – ok, I know it’s not really the bands doing the charging here, but you get my meaning), then I think I am just going to stick with the local bands. In my opinion, SA bands have really really improved this past decade and can kick any one of the international bands’s asses right off the stage! So why bother with the rest?

Local is lekker, man!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you too. I wanted to go to nickelbach but thank goodness I didnt have the cash to get the tickets or I would have been really p!ssed.
SA bands to me are doing very well and there shows are much better than some of the international bands

CaZ said...

Extra moolah for something much better and more special that's gonna be coming up soon!!!

*wink*