Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Damn these soppy romance films

My eyes are red and sore today. Why? I'll tell you why. Last night, after my regular dose of Veronica Mars, I was still not quite tired. I wasnt in the mood for reading, just wanted to veg, so I went upstairs to my bedroom and decided to watch the movie on the movie magic channel. Biggest mistake of my life. Turns out, it was a kak romance film, one of those made-for-tv movies with unknown actors. I could have turned the tv off, but I just sat there, watching every godforsaken minute of it.

Soon I was engrossed in the story. Not really a new concept, I have seen it done before - how a guy completely takes his girlfriend for granted, then realises what he had when she dies in a car accident. So he gets another chance and relives the same day, and does things differently. By the end of the film, I was bawling my eyes out, pulling out tissues left, right and centre. What the hell???

I never cry during movies. Its just not on. I have a reputation to maintain, damnit!

Im going to punch stuff now. Toughen up. Yeah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There has only been one movie that has made me cry and that was Ladder 49. I dont easily cry but that just got me

CaZ said...

I suppose that seeing Joaquin Phoenix die is enough to make any woman cry. Luckily I kept it all inside when I watched that one.