Monday, November 13, 2006

The folks are back in town

The eagle has landed!!! Damnit, they arrived almost an hour before they were scheduled to land in JHB. I set my alarm yesterday for 5:45, managed to drag myself out of bed at 6 with a moerse hangover (details of what happened before Sunday morning will follow some time later, I am screwing up the order of this weekend’s events) and got dressed in slow motion. Around 6:30, I hear some frantic knocking on my bedroom door. Weasel was having an anxiety attack. He asked if I was ready cause we had to race to the airport, our folks had already landed!!

So off we go. Ferdi drove Uncle Ronnie’s car and I went with Weasel, who according to Ferdi, drives like a grandma. Once we got to the airport (in record time, imo), Weasel dropped me off by the terminal while they went to park the cars. I had no clue where my parents were, and there was no information about their flight on the notice boards. So I went to the info desk. They told me they should be coming out of terminal A2. So off I go. I waited a total of 5 seconds when the doors opened, out came Auntie Wilma and Uncle Ronnie, closely followed by mommy and daddy. We made it in the nick of time!! Woohooo!!

After many hugs and kisses we walked to the cars. Daddy was miles behind us as he struggled with his weak knee. Shame, looks like he will have to go for an op soon. This time I went with Ferdi and uncle Ronnie, Weasel took the “heavy” luggage and passengers. Golden moment of the morning: at the robot on Beyers Naude, Ronnie rolls down his window and shouts at Weasel “you drive so slow, you asshole”. I almost pissed myself. I missed Ronnie.

Mom did a quick inspection of the house and was much impressed, especially with how “green and bushy” her garden was looking. I was chuffed. While the folks unpacked and handed us some pressies (mostly sweets, much to Ferdi’s delight) I snoozed on the couch and then got ready for church – first time in ages that I went! But that was wasted on me as I fell asleep during the sermon. We then had a quick braai to welcome the old people back and most retired to bed soon after, never to be seen again until this morning. I even got some shut eye that afternoon, well, after the weekend’s events, it was much needed – more on that later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know they got back in 1 piece and very good to know that they brought Ferdi sweets as the belly was being beaten by the veggies

CaZ said...

damn right!!!

And Im happy to report that daddy didnt get those godforsaken pants!!! So I can burn the adoption papers!

The Real Marbro said...

I wanted a pair of those pants you know..

CaZ said...

But I dont really care