Thursday, November 09, 2006

The final countdown

The countdown for my parents' return is about to begin. I cant believe that the two months that they have been away are almost up!!! Time has certainly flown, but then again, it feels like they have been gone away forever! I have gotten so used to living with just Ferdi and Weasel, its almost as if we never had parents! I know that is a horrible thing to say but it's true.

One of my uncles e-mailed me this week with instructions from my dad. We must be at the airport on Sunday, 7 am sharp (as if we dont already know this) with THREE, yes three cars. Not two, like we planned. So we might have to ask Shawn for help here. Apparently, the four of them (my aunt and uncle included) have bought so much stuff (probably junk, but Im hoping for lots of presents) that we need a lot of space for their luggage - customs is gonna have a field day with them. Not only that, they have also put on a lot of weight. The buggers. I would kill for a juicy Argentinean asado (that's a braai for you Afrikaaners, though ours is 10x better) right now!!!

I have to admit that I miss the old geezers and you'd think that they'd miss us but nooooo. Everytime I get an email from one of my relatives, giving us news from the folks, all they ask is "is the house still standing?" No, how is Cazzy doing, her brothers treating her alright? Is Ferdi crying for his mommy? Has Weasel taken to the bottle? They dont care about us. Sniff.

Word on the streets in Buenos Aires is that my dad has been out shopping for Gaucho pants. Weasel says "is this the crap that Dad is wasting my money on?" Haha. If you dont know what Im talking about, check the pic below. The pants are hideous! This is what the Argentinean cattle farmers wear. And now my dad is gonna be strutting around in these? Knowing my dad, he is gonna wear them when we fetch him from the airport. I think I am putting myself up for adoption.


3 comments:

The Real Marbro said...

those are bladdy awesome! i want a pair

CaZ said...

Then I am afraid that we cant be seen together in public. You are going to have to emigrate

Anonymous said...

Yay, Mommy and Daddy. I cant wait.
Oh Caz Hide the tequila