Friday, December 01, 2006

A kak way to start a weekend

The past 24 hours have been a real rollercoaster ride for me. Yesterday afternoon I was so positive that Claudia, my friend in ICU, was gonna pull through. She was stable, and had even twitched once. When I got to the hospital last night, I immediately saw all the long faces and knew that things weren't looking good. I was told that for the meantime, they were only letting in family members to see her so the rest of us congregated outside and tried to cheer each other up. There was no change - and apparently that wasn't good at all.

My friend and I managed to sneak in to see her later on, and we massaged her feet and talked to her. That seemed to get her to respond as her heart rate went up again. My spirits lifted somewhat, and so I tried to remain positive. But it was just so damn hard not to cry right then and there. Soon after we went home but I couldnt sleep.

This morning I got an sms from Inki saying that she was off life support and breathing on her own!! That had to be good news!! I was so happy and I was sure that things could only get better. But that wasn't to be so, I got my hopes up too quickly. I have been on the phone with different people all morning and they all tell me the same thing: she had another stroke this morning and the doctor is ready to give up. He feels there is nothing more that they can do for her.

This is still not sinking in, it feels so unreal and impossible. But I am not giving up. She is strong and a fighter. She has to pull through. She just has to!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry to hear that she hs gotten worse, but dont give up hope yet. she need you most now

CaZ said...

Thanks guys. I went to see her again last night, her arm was badly swollen and bruised due to poor circulation.

We will know more today, I think the parents have to make a decision sometime this week. How do you decide whether your child lives or dies??? I hope I never have to make such a decision. My thoughts are with them.

The Real Marbro said...

Thoughts are with you....

CaZ said...

She has gone to a better place.

Im gonna miss her so much.