Monday, December 04, 2006

Claudia: Rest in peace, my friend

Claudia has gone to a better place. I still cannot believe that she is gone. I miss her so much already. It was just two months ago that we celebrated her 21st birthday (picture above). I remember us chicks, each with a bottle of champagne in hand, in the parking lot outside Billy the Bums, singing at the top of our voices "Happy Birthday Claudia!" None of us ever thought that that would be the last time.

Her parents have decided to donate her organs. So at least she will help to save a few lives. She leaves us with some very good memories. We became very close this year and I thank god for the time that he allowed me to spend with her, like at youth camp - I specifically remember her and me, sitting on the stoep outside the hostel, trying to drink from a box of wine. I still laugh every time I think about that moment. Or the time she stuck her finger down my throat at Ingrid's birthday, just so that I would throw up - now THAT is a good friend.

I miss our long email convo's, our girls' night outs, I miss HER. Goodbye my friend. You are in God's hands now.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May you rest in Peace Claudia.
I am so sorry for your loss Cazzy

CaZ said...

Thanks for your kind words.