Friday, August 11, 2006

Don't invade my space

It takes me a while for me to let someone into "my circle of trust", some more than others but it seems that some cultures don't understand the meaning of space. And I am talking about my physical personal space here specifically. I like to have at least a diameter of 1m of free uninvaded (is that a word?) space. Only a fortunate (or unfortunate few, haha) get to come a little closer than that. I don't even like to be hugged - Marbro still hasn't learnt - though give me a few drinks and I might just give you a quick hug or two. Maybe I was hugged and tickled too much as a baby, who knows?

Now take, for example, when you are standing in a long queue at the supermarket or the bank. I try to keep my distance from the person in front of me and the person behind me. I just don't want to smell you, ok? And it's normally the person behind me that will stand right behind my big butt and breathe my air. A lot have stood one centimetre short of a psycho and I have had to count to 100 several times before I exploded. I now have this technique, when the line moves forward, I just slide my right foot forward and keep the left one back so I have a bigger space between me and the person behind me. Then slowly, centimetre by centimetre, I will slide the left foot forward, hoping that the person behind me wont realise that I have moved forward just a tad more. It works most of the time, but people are catching on to my trick, and will just move forward, more and more. I just can't win.

Then there is the gym. There is nothing worse than seeing a fat naked woman in the change rooms, lathering her body with lotion for 10 minutes (yes, a lot of them take THAT long, if not, longer). What really gets to me, is when they do that RIGHT NEXT TO ME, again, invading my space. There is plenty of space in the change rooms, but yet they still have to pick the spot right next to me. It happened again yesterday, and I almost flipped.

Maybe I am just so irresistibly good-looking and people want to be seen with me? Or maybe not. Lol. I think some people just have a problem respecting other people's space. And I know I am not the only one who has a problem with this.

3 comments:

The Real Marbro said...

Ever noticed how when its a hot day,people seem to huddle towards you more often?WHY!?!

i hate people breathing on or near me.Its horrendus.Really!

Please dont do it

CaZ said...

Yeah, especially when you can tell what they had for dinner the night before!

Anonymous said...

Oh come on! The fat naked lady from the gym probably thought you were sexy! She knew that it was her only chance to get a scoop at you. Maybe she was hoping you liked what you saw? Ha ha ha!