Friday, January 19, 2007

Sound Stage

Last night's 40th birthday party turned out to be better than I expected. Though it started so badly I wanted to rip my hair out. At 17h30 Ferdi picked me up from Sandton after my meeting. We needed to get to the N1 to go to the Sound Stage in Midrand. I wasnt sure how to get to the highway (had I looked at the map immediately I would have realised that it was only a few blocks away) and Ferdi only knew the William Nicol highway. He pulled a u-turn and drove back to William Nicol.

One hour and a half later, we got on the highway. We were both silent in the car, each wanting to kill the other but we managed to keep our composure. Once on the N1 we made it to Midrand in less than 10 minutes. We made it 5 minutes after scheduled time, but still missed out on the birthday boy getting the surprise of his life. Oh well, no biggie, at least we made it.

We had a buffet dinner and talked kak for an hour until the show started. This was the "Midnight Hour" show by Clint and Co. Clint sang some popular rock songs, including my all-time favourite "Bed of Roses" by Bon Jovi, and some of his own songs. The crowd took a while to get going but this guy was relentless and hilariously funny!! He had me in stitches! Ferdi actually said to me later that he was funny but he talked too much. So does that mean that he enjoyed the singing? Haha. You figure it out.

The show lasted about two hours and it was very entertaining. I am glad I decided to go in the end. Everyone had a good time. The guy doing the sound caught my eye so after the show I saw him selling the CDs outside. I bought one just so I could talk to him! How pathetic! Haha. Clint signed it for me and I let him know that him and I have a mutual friend, Mr Jack Daniels.

We got home in record time. Ferdi drove like a speeding bullet so I was in bed by 11. But I couldnt sleep damnit. So I only managed to get to work at 9. Thank god its Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow in bed by 11, thats quite good.
Wish I only came to work at 9

CaZ said...

And Im leaving in an hour. But the fun stops as soon as I move to Sandton.