Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Hello/Hola 2007!! And the story about a stop street sign.

Happy New Year!!! Have I said it yet? So what, I am gonna say it again: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I intend to make this a GOOD one!! So how did you all spend it? With a bang I hope! Let me tell you what I got up to last week.

In the days leading up to New Year’s Eve I spent it locked up in my room, avoiding shopping malls after the Christmas rush, reading as many books as possible to beat 2005’s record. Sad, I know, but it was good to just lie there and relax. I became so much of a hermit that I was oblivious to the world outside. I didn’t even know that Saddam Hussein had been executed on the 30th until my dad told me several hours later after this historic event took place. I didn’t even know that he had been convicted! Where had I been all this time? In my room. But then again, I never cared much for world events.

For a few weeks now I had been looking forward to seeing Chromium again on the 30th. You wont believe my disappointment as one by one our gang members were slowly dropping out. In the end, it was just me and Martin that went. Awkward at first, but as soon as the alcohol flowed, conversation came easy and we sort of bonded. But I still wont let him touch my boob. Oh, and we realized that Fred (from Inersha) and Weasel have the same fashion sense. Now all Martin wants to do is touch Weasel.

The 31st finally arrived, the booze was on ice, the meat was on the braai and the salads were bought (haha). We all trekked to the house that Ferdi is busy house-sittting, and well, we sat. And we drank. And we phoned random people. It was fun. Some even swam. Not me, as usual, I had a cold, during summer!!

Cailin, Berny and I wanted to do something crazy and historic, so while the boys went out on the streets gallavating, we went out and turned the other way. We didn’t walk far. Our mission: steal something, preferably a street sign. Our target: the stop sign round the corner. First attempt: Failed. We managed to bend it 90 degrees but could not get it out of the ground. Giggling, we ran back to the house before we almost got busted by a passing car. Decided to go back for second attempt. Second attempt: Mission accomplished. After sitting on it, stamping on it, giggling, the pole broke with a loud crack, so we took it and ran with it back to the house. Were almost busted again. Posed for several pics, the boys came back and shook their heads disapprovingly (they stole one last year, and it took longer for them to get it).


We welcomed 2007 with more drinks and happy cheer. The girls soon retired to bed (Berny and I to a hard wooden floor in the pilates studio) satisfied that 2007 was going to rock. The boys, in the meantime, carried on drinking suitcases, tequila and other mixes until the early hours. That is, until a chain reaction of vomiting started. Weasel and Shawn (and little Brydon) were the only boys unaffected. And for once, Berny and I did not pass out drunk! This must be a good omen!

I had to get up then, cause poor Haggie was dragged into the pilates studio to sleep. He fell and missed his bed by a metre or so. Then when he wanted to vomit some more, he banged his head a few times on the steel bowl next to him for such purpose. I went out for some fresh air and went to bed around 4am when I couldn’t feel my toes anymore.

So yeah, um, good start to the year. Good for me cause I did not make my name gat for once and could still remember the previous night’s events. Oh, and Cailin and Berny returned the stop sign the next morning. On the opposite side of the road, but at least its there. Hehehhhh




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaah good times, I remember all of it, its amazing! not one blackout at all.
Guess who's back, back again!!!

Thanks for an awesome Party!!!

CaZ said...

We girls are turning over a new leaf!!! (or just fooling them for a bit until we go apeshit at my bday bash, haha).

And thank you for being there and making it awesome!!