Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Back at work, Back to Hell

We have a saying here in the office that many of us chant when we walk into the dreary halls of the bank “Goodbye world, goodbye happiness, hello death, hello FNB”. And today is no different. As I got out of the car and looked at the gloomy grey buildings, this saying popped in my head and droned on and on to the beat of a funeral march.

But not to worry, I don’t intend to start 2007 in a sour mood. It’s just that after 10 days of waking up late and doing bugger all, I am not quite ready to get back into the hussle and buzzle of everyday working life. It hardly felt like rest, we hardly had any sun! But I plan to take a few more weeks off within the next month or so, as is my annual tradition – to go on holiday when everyone comes back.

I tried desperately to update my blog while I was at home, but the first time I went near a computer was on New Year’s Eve, and that was to check up a few facts on Chromium. So I will do my best to give you the down-lo on what went down these past few weeks in a moment or two.

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt all gloomy yesterday when I came back to work, but the was no grey building only a cream one.

CaZ said...

Sigh, I would love a cream building. Grey disrupts my aura.

Mwhahahahaha.

I think I might leave early today. Better phone my choffeur now.