Monday, January 15, 2007

My coke addiction

As in coca-cola, not cocaine, you morons. It was never that bad, until a few years ago. I would sometimes go through 5-6 cans of coke a day. My hands would shake uncontrollably if I didnt have coke in my system (though I think now that most of it was all in my head - my need for it, not the coke). But you have to agree that coke is addictive. All that sugar makes you crave more and more and more.

Part of my new year resolutions for 2007 is to give up coffee and coke, anything that has caffeine, must go. Now the coffee wasnt as hard as I thought it would be. Its been 4 weeks now and I dont crave the stuff. Even when I go for breakfast in the morning and my friends have coffee, I dont crave it. I happily sip my black, sugarless rooibos tea.

As for coke, well, its not as EASY as I thought it would be. I tried to hook myself on appletiser (yes, still has plenty of sugar but its better than coke) and it was all fine until last week. We have practically had coke every night for supper, since it was Weasel's last week with us. Normally we drink water at dinner but for "special occasions" we have coke.

Today I was going to start on a clean slate and announced on jnf my intentions. This led to me been kicked out of my Coke-a-holics Anonymous Club, something I was quite proud of. After much taunting and being called ugly names like "veggie-burger eater" and "gym freak" or something like that, I gave in to the peer pressure and had a can of coke. Oh, the horror!

I will try again tomorrow.

(oh, Weasel arrived safely in San Jose at 23h00, USA time. Ferdi is already hoping to get a PS3)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love coke too, my mom always goes on and on about how bad it is for me but I never listen.
I cant give up coke, not now anyways