Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Cazzfest 2007

Man, I cant believe that after 3 months of stressful planning, it is now all over. I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms already. BUT WHAT A PARTY!!!!! I will treasure (what I can remember) till the day I die. It was all worth it in the end, all the worrying, all the sleepless nights, all the money! Haha. It all worked out in the end.

It all started last Thursday when I got off work early to go with Ferdi to fetch Tink at the airport. I was quite excited to meet her, and what a cool chick she is!!! Once we got her settled in Ferdi’s room (we kicked him out the house, hehehh) we went to our favourite “restaurant” for a nutritional McD’s meal. We then kicked Ferdi out once more as Tink and I walked next door to the Blue Goose for our Ladies Night. The girls arrived one by one, much to our freaky waiter’s delight. He felt so lucky. It was karaoke night and we were bugged, begged and bothered to sing but we opted to sit quietly at our table while sipping our cocktails and laughing at the out of tune crooners. It was a nice chilled evening.

Next day, after checking out Marks Park and letting the manager know that my guest list had increased considerably, Tink, Inki and I went shopping for party decorations, snacks and an outfit for me. Ferdi got his pirate set then we kicked him out, AGAIN. I kept on crying about all the money I was spending, but hey, this party needed the best of the best. I even got a “21 again” badge, haha.

Friday night, Marbro, Chim, and Berny stopped at our place then we all trekked to the airport to fetch funny man vomita. We weren’t there long as he had already landed – JHB watch out! He almost dropped me on the floor when he hugged me (more like mauled me). We missed the bugger. He had us in stitches all night. After some pizza, and some indecent photos, we kicked Marbro and co out cause we wanted to go to Edelweiss. We stayed there for a short bit, each had a litre of beer (Tink had a Brutal fruit, I think). We didn’t want to over do it before the big day.

So the next day, even though us girls woke up much later than the boys (10 hours according to vomit. He exaggerates, no kidding) we were refreshed and ready for some action. Us four went to Marks Park once more, though we had to turn around half way there when I realised I forgot the keys to the hall. We set up chairs and tables and some of the decorations. It was hard work. I enjoyed bossing Ferdi and Vomit around, making them miserable. You know the drill, haha.

Anyway, we went back home for some much needed food, then I got ready. Marbro and co arrived early, with Brydon and Berny’s friend, Tanya. Very nice girl, by the way. She helped me out a lot. We packed everything in the car and made our way to Marks Park. Two blocks away from home, I realised I forgot the keys, AGAIN. But at least it was closer to home this time!

We eventually got there and set up in record time. Since it was still early we decided to kill time by having some tequila and Smirnoff Storm (the last of our booze from New Years) and posing for some photos in our panties (Berny and I. And no, we weren’t drunk..). I was a bit stressed cause I had forgotten a few things at home (thanks Inki and Uli for bringing them to me) and cause people were arriving late. But it was cool, once the first bunch started to arrive, people soon came in numbers. We were ready to party!!!!

Aion Truth arrived and started to set up their gear. Nice bunch of friendly people. Amtobi looked beautiful in her pretty floral dress. I soon got everyone to sign my XXL panties, especially bought for the occasion. I am still trying to find out where half the signatures came from – next time, people, please write your name, no signatures!!! Lots of people said “Happy 21st”. Awww, how sweet.

Most of the Inersha guys arrived early too and Jared from Chromium phoned me to say that they were on their way. So everything was falling into place. No nasty surprises. I was only a bit worried about Nicole. She was the one person I was most looking forward to seeing again after 6 years. I tried phoning her several times but all the time I got a recording saying that the number was unavailable. I was stressing thinking something had happened to her. My fears vanished when I saw her climbing up the steps with her hubby. What a relief!!! She had made it after all, and it was a great reunion. Pity we didn’t get to chat much after that.

It was soon Aion Truth’s time to play so Ferdi, my M.C., went to the microphone, topless, and announced them as “Justin Timberlake se band” much to everyone’s amusement. Naughty bugger. You should all see the video. So after that intro, the band kicked off with awesome tunes and wowed the crowd. Stunning performance. In between their performance I noticed that the Chromium guys had arrived so I dashed off to say hello then went back to watch Aion Truth. Dylan called me up and gave me a stunning birthday card, made by Amtobi, which was signed by all the Aion Truth members. That was really sweet. Thanks guys.

Short interval while Inersha set up then Ferdi made a kak intro. Inersha – awesome as always as well. I was quite impressed with the German boys, they really enjoyed the bands. In the meantime I got my boobies signed by Chromium (did anyone else sign them? They were black the next day!) and sat on Adrian and Hannes’s laps while they signed. Hehehhh. I also organised with Matt from Chromium to get his pick after they played (though that never happened, read on…) after which he offered to give me anything else I wanted from him….ok, moving on. *blush*

I also got my pics of Berny and I posing with Chromium and Inersha signed. In between I chatted to people, ran around, got the bands water, tried not to drink too much and basically just try have a good time. And I was having a good time, until Inersha stopped playing and Ferdi and Rudi came towards me with a sinister looking bucket…

If I could take back what happened next, things would have turned out much differently. The boys called everyone inside and made me get up on a chair. They poured some nasty looking liquid into a glass and gave it to me. I asked several times what was in it, they ignored me so stupid me drinks it in one go. It tasted surprisingly nice and sweet so they refilled my glass twice more and I drank. I wanted to stop after the second glass, but who am I to tell them when its ok to stop. The bucket then went round to the rest of the guests to sample. (I heard the next day that a collection went round for this “mix”. Over a R100 was collected so Ferdi threw in all flavours of Brutal Fruit, Double Jack, Beer, Jagermeister, etc plus some of our own stash. To give it a nice sweet twist – lemonade. Just thinking about it makes me want to vomit).

So after that, I was still sort of alright though I could already start to feel the world spinning. Chromium was ready to start so I had a bright idea, I was gonna take over M.C. duties and announce “my fucking favourite band in the whole of Southsshhhh Africa”. I have seen the video clip about three times already. It still makes me cringe. I was too loud, too drunk, too disorderly. Ferdi took over and introduced them as an “Abba imitation band” (he was supposed to say cover band, but he wasn’t getting paid for this so no one was expecting quality mc’ing here).

And that is all I remember folks. Next thing I know, its Sunday morning, vomita is knocking on my bedroom door wanting to say goodbye. I realise I am in my bed (alone) half naked, with dirty, pink and bloody feet full of cuts. Plus a moerse hangover.

Now its your turn to fill in the blanks.
I am not joking when I say I don’t remember anything. Cause I honestly don’t.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well after Chromium we took afew trips to a far away place, not mentioning that it was the bathroom, hehehe.
If I ever have the cash to throw a party like that, would you please be my party planner?

Thanks for the awesome time!!!

CaZ said...

Definitely!!!
We need another party!!!

It was my pleasure, and thanks for all your help. I really appreciated it.

Anonymous said...

Man, if we could do it again, I would, and many times over. I think that was something none of us are ever gonna forget. And I cant even think of one person that did'nt enjoy it. Oh ja, you missed Andre being the Loewe (lion in german). He was crawling like a lion in the long grass, man, he was trashed too.

CaZ said...

Oh man!! I am so depressed!

Anonymous said...

Ja nee hey!