Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Golden Globes

For the first time ever, I watched the Golden Globes last night. I was clever though. I recorded it at 3am yesterday morning, and watched the tape at the same time they were showing it on Mnet last night. So could skip through the boring bits like the looooong speeches, and by the time I was done, Mnet was not even half-way. So I saved me a lot of trouble.

Normally I cant care for these award ceremonies, they are worse than the music awards as there are no performances in between to keep you slightly amused. I made the exception this year, as I heard via the grapevine that our Borat had won an award for Best Comedic Actor!!! How bloody awesome!!! So of course, I had to watch his acceptance speech. It was bloody long, but bloody funny. I love using this word, bloody. How very English. Haha.

So anyway, he went on about how when they were filming that awful naked wrestling scene in the hotel bedroom. He relived those awful moments with his 136 kg co-star, Ken Davitian, "This movie was a life-changing experience. I saw some amazing, invigorating parts of America. I saw some dark parts of America and some ugly parts of America. Some parts of America that have rarely seen the light of day. I refer, of course, to the anus and testicles of my co-star, Kenneth Davitian. Ken, when I was in that scene and I stared down and saw your two, wrinkled golden globes on my chin, I thought to myself, I better win a bloody award for this".

He carried on with how he had to choose between death and taking a breath of Davitian's rancid ass air. Well, we know what he chose. He managed to thank everyone in the end, including "those people that still havent sued him". What a man. What a man.

I was disappointed that Leo di Caprio did not win best actor award in a drama. He got nominated twice, for "Blood Diamond" and "The Departed". I have seen the later, and I have to admit that he was excellent in that film. Never been a fan, but I now I have converted. At least Martin Scorsese won the best director award for "The Departed".

So now the big question is who is a contender for the Oscars. I guess we will have to see, but since the Golden Globes' results are usually a good way to predict the winners, I'd put my money on "The Queen" and is star, Helen Mirren, to take most of the awards.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They made alot of hype about the Queen so I really want to go see what its all about.

I am so glad old Borat got something!
Just a pity I missed his speech

CaZ said...

Yeah, I want to see the Queen as well. Though I bet the boys wont want to! Haha

Anonymous said...

That was clever thinking, taping it and ff over the boring bits and the ads!

Did you see Went?

The Queen does look good, can't wait to see it too, def. a chick flick!

Tink

CaZ said...

No!! No Wentworth!!! :(

(btw I read an article on Went in People's magazine that he doesnt have much time for relationships now. Meaning: he is saving himself for me)

Anonymous said...

Cazz, People mag are saying that he's gay. But that's just tabloid fodder, I believe that he is saving himself for you, si?

Tink