Monday, July 31, 2006

Cycle Challenge

Every year our local gym hosts a cycle challenge for all the gym freaks here at work. Every year I say I wont enter it this time, but every year I get sucked into doing it one more time. I am a sucker for torture. Teams of 5 people, or nutcases, (male/female/mixed) cycle once a week, for 30 minutes, eight weeks in a row. After your cycle, you count the number of kilojoules burnt, and the kilometres cycles. Obviously the more, the better.

The fact that we have to cycle on the stationary bikes at the gym makes it all the more difficult. The seats are so small for my big butt that at the end of the cycle I can hardly bear to sit down. Why I do this to myself, I still don't know.

This year I have an all-female team and we have appropriately called us the "international speed vixens". Ha ha ha. Let' s see if we live up to our names. I will keep score here. The challenge officially started last week, and since I have been sick, I have lots of catching up to do. I still have the sniffles, so I will only probably be able to start next week. That means a LOT of work for me. Damn.

No comments: