Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Germans are back

The pastor and his family landed back in South Africa early yesterday morning, and as is customary with most of our travelling adventures, with lots of drama. My dad got up at 4am yesterday so that he could be at the airport at 5am in time for their arrival. I didn't hear him at all, until I heard the door open with a bang and him shouting at the top of his voice, calling my brother and mother. I thought something serious had happened, like a car being stolen, but I just couldn't bring myself to get up and find out what was plotting. And I didn't have to. My brother, the Weasel, in his usual drama-queen self, got up, went to help my dad in his situation, and soon came back in a tiff, swearing at my dad cause he had forgotten how to start my uncle's car, which he was borrowing that morning.

So all that for nothing. I live with a bunch of drama queens! And you'd think I'd fall right back to sleep, since I had an hour plus till I got up. But no, I was now wide awake. Wondering why the hell I still live with my parents. Hence my bad mood yesterday. I am grumpy on most days, but I am extremely bitchy when I dont get enough sleep - sorry Marbro!!

Anyhoo, back to the airport saga. The pastor and his four kids arrived on time, while his wife was due to arrive later, with Air Lufthansa, as she had connections with this airline. But she didn't arrive on time. Turns out, that when she was about to board the plane, she was told that the flight was full and asked to fly with Air Namibia, via Windhoek and given EUR300.00 as compensation. So she agreed. Why the hell not?

She made it fine, back to SA (I thought maybe she had decided to abandon her family and move to Namibia, haha. Her family is crazy enough), but her luggage didn't! To date, it is still lost, and the airline hasn't got a freaking clue where it's disappeared to. They want to compensate them for that loss too, but how do you put a value to all the gifts she had in her luggage? She had tons of presents she had received from her relatives, for her and her husband's 25th wedding anniversary. Now that is rotten luck! For her sake, I hope they find it, but if it's still missing now, then it's sure as gone forever.

Some gifts did make it here though. My brothers got huge slabs of Milka chocolates from Basti, which they were forced to share with me and my parents last night. Yum yum yum.

No comments: