Friday, July 14, 2006

I need a new job

I think I have had it, working here at the bank, for a measly little salary. It seems I get stuck doing all the kak jobs, being mistaken for a personal assistant, being left out of office celebrations, and only being part of "the team" when someone needs something from me. I can't do this anymore.

Our financial year ended last month and so naturally, there have been several office parties to celebrate this occassion. Our sales and marketing team, of which supposedly I am part of, has been invited to about 2-3 of these celebrations. Since I am "just" a business analyst, meaning I perform "support" tasks, I was not considered. Neither was our p.a. and 4 other business analysts. We are just here to do their dirty work while management reaps all the benefits. They will get the fat bonuses next month, so they can buy the latest bmw, renovate their homes once more and go on a fancy 3-week overseas holiday. Now how is that fair?

At least I am still invited to our sales and marketing weekend away later this year. We are going to Zambia. Woopee, at least they remembered me then. Though myself and others came very close to being left out. Maybe I am being petty. Most companies dont give even half of the benefits that we get here. But the point I am trying to make is, that I am tired of some people getting preferential treatment, over others who work their butts off all day. My boss always gives me high praises for my excellent work, but I hardly ever get the recognition I deserve. Let's wait and see what happens next month when bonus and increase letters are handed out. In the meantime, I am going to be searching the job ads.

2 comments:

The Real Marbro said...

you do need a new job...

been in the same situation for two years..Hang in there.At least you have a job...

CaZ said...

Ha ha, thanks Rob. I quite agree with you. How else are people going to know what's upsetting me if I dont tell them???