Thursday, July 06, 2006

Does my bum look fat in these pants?

Normally I steer clear of these kind of questions, cause frankly, you are never satisfied with the answer. If the answer is no, you think the person is lying. If the answer is yes, you think the person is lying and want to kill them. By asking that question, you are just asking for trouble. So it's always best to avoid any weight discussions. So why am I discussing it now? Frankly, I don't know.

Females will discuss this issue till they are blue in the face and still get nowhere. Cause 99.9% of them are never happy with their weight. And this epidemic is spreading to men as well i.e. metrosexuals (Ferdi and Marbro included, ha ha). On jnf, the girls have discussed it extensively and are still going at it. I think I added my 2 cents worth once and never again. I couldn't be bothered. I have come to the conclusion that no matter what I do, I will always gain weight here and there. I just have to deal with it and be happy with my body, enjoy it now cause it will only get worse as I grow older. That's why I stopped weighing myself a long time ago, as long as I look good in my clothes, then I am happy. If anyone has a problem with that, too bad I dont give a damn really. My brothers always go on about how I have a big bum, but that is typical "brotherly love", their opinions don't really count.

The reason I came up with this topic today was an email that I received from one of my pastor's daughters this morning. She is in Germany at the moment and thinks she has put on a bit of weight after sampling a bit of German food. That idea popped into her head thanks to her inconsiderate family who are talking behind her back about her increasing weight. I felt really sorry for her and tried my best to convince her that she is indeed not fat. What baffles me is that this girl has got the best figure in the family and now they are ganging up on her. I suppose it's jealousy but really? Is this criticism really necessary? Most women can't handle being called fat and in a world that is plagued by anorexics and bulimics, people should think twice before calling a woman fat, especially one who is not really fat!

I am tired of seeing skinny girls with their bones protuding and their clothes hanging shapelessly! It is disgusting and sickening. I can't believe that any decent man would be attracted to such walking skeletons. Surely you want something to hold onto and keep you warm at night, right?

No comments: