Sunday, July 16, 2006

Waiting - careful how you treat your waiter

Last night we hired "Waiting", starring Ryan Reynolds, one of my favourite actors. As usual, he is hilarious, providing laugh-a-minute jokes. This film is based in a restaurant called Shenaniganz, which tells the story of their young employees and how they deal with boredom and adulthood with their antics.

It made me think twice about eating out! As with most restaurants, I am sure, you always get that bitch/bastard who will complain about anything and everything, just because they can (actually because they are so damn anal retentive). In this case, the waitress had to deal with a bitchy woman who just couldn't be pleased. She had to take her food back to the kitchen so that her food order could be corrected. And correct it they did! First they added more gravy to her mash, which consisted of gob. Then her steak was made extra juicy by rubbing it in the cook's privates. Add to that some salt (dandruff) and garnish (pubic hair) and voila - the perfect gourmet meal! She sure enjoyed that one!

And you have to agree with what Monty (Ryan Reynolds' character) says to explain their actions: "I guess we should feel some sort of guilt, but she broke the cardinal rule; never fuck with people who handle your food." Amen brother! Never mess with a waiter!

I certainly know how waiters/tresses feel! They constantly have to put up with these sort of people who think they have a right to make a fuss all the time. I understand that when you are eating out you want good service, but for gawdsakes, treat these people with respect! Then they will give you the same respect! They are, after all, also human beings!! You'd have to be stupid to mess with them, you just don't know how they will get their revenge (and believe me, they will).

I was a waitress once, for a total of 7 days. I just couldn't take the snootyness that I got from most of my customers. I came very close to spitting in their food but working there was so fast-paced that you didnt even have time to think of what to do next. That's why I threw in the towel so soon. I kinda felt like this chick that was also in the film, she must have mentioned the f-word about 200 times and was in serious need of anger-management classes. No kidding.
However, the highlight of the movie had to be the two busboys/wannabe gangster rappers. If you ever get to see the movie, watch right till the end of the credits for their "Busboys Paradise" Rap song. It was written by Andy Milonakis (of MTV fame), who plays one of the busboys. If anyone can get me the lyrics to the song, I'd really appreciate it!!


2 comments:

The Real Marbro said...

Since being a waiter all them years ago...They are the people that get the most respect from me

Suavé said...

I phucken love this movie! Classic, right up there next to Van Wilder!