Sunday, July 30, 2006

I'll be damned, it's Monday again

How the hell did this weekend fly by me??? I feel as if I was here in the office yesterday, that's how quick my weekend went. Damn.

Friday we raced to the pastor's house for his birthday braai. Drank too much sweet wine, as if it was water. Guess I was thirsty. After that we met Martin and Greg at Roxys for the Battle for Woodstock. The first few bands that we saw were kak. One had a Hoff look-a-like singing for them (he did some weird things with his hands) and then next one had the Chuck as their mascot. Sorry dudes, but Chuck is so last year. And throwing 5c coins at the crowd is not going to get you any fans.

The best band finally came on at last, Inersha. Needless to say, they were the best band on that night and deserved their win. Before they even got on stage, everyone started to chant "INERSHA! INERSHA!" They were awesome. I proceeded to lose my voice as they performed some of their best songs. I screamed, I jumped, I pushed Martin into the mosh pit. Haha. It was all good.

I only managed to get up at 1 in the afternoon the next day. My head was throbbing - more because of the flu than my slight hangover - and my voice came and went. Got up, had some lunch, did some shopping and then got ready for my big task - the baking of the muffins. I am proud to say that, unassisted, I managed to burn only one thing and the muffins came out alright. Hell, they actually tasted good! (no matter what Martin or Ferdi say).

The boys wanted to go for another round of all-you-can-eat ribs at the Spur (the last time we were there it was disastrous and I was sure they'd never let us back there again) so off we went. I had a normal meal, the boys went all out and had several racks of ribs, but they failed to beat their previous record. I think they are losing their touch. Oh, and I think they found their token black guy, finally. His name is Augustine, a waiter at Spur, and shame, poor guy, he got harrassed by Greg. Ferdi reckons we should hang around Spur more often, and eventually Augustine will become part of our gang. It's inevitable.

Other than that I had my picnic with the girls yesterday at the dam. I fell asleep on the grass. It was all good. Wish I was still sleeping on the grass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah it was good! Especially the part where I good gamed him. I thought fo r a second he had a heart attack. It was worth it!