Wednesday, February 21, 2007

You have just been Punk'd!!

Pranked / caught out / lied to, whatever. I tend to be quite gullible if a prank is well drafted and done with a speed of lightning before I can smell a rat (for future reference, don't you peeps get any ideas!! Haha) Which is what happened yesterday. After reaching a mammoth 100 000 posts on jnf, the admins decided to play a "little" joke on us minions. The big chief, Phatfoo, casually announced that now that JNF had reached this milestone, he decided on a new change of direction - it was now going to become a more "serious" forum. Any "kak" forums would be deleted and only the ones that attracted serious topics would be left.

Before any of us could yell out "WTF??!!" the deletion process began, in full force. In five minutes, JNF had been seriously reduced down to size. It looked awful!!! And this happened so fast that we didnt know that our chain was being yanked, hard. Nobody thought to question the admins why our post count hadnt gone down even though threads were deleted and no one really thought much of the fact that the powerpuffs (girls' forum) remained and that the navy (boys' forum) was a thing of the past (that was hilarious actually).
I was peeved. Conversations on msn ran wild, Soulforge the admin was invited to join in and took serious abuse from us, poor guy. How could they do this to us? How can they possibly expect us to be serious on jnf, 24 hours a day? It's impossible! You'd have better luck trying to get Ferdi on a diet!! Things were really getting out of control. Some of us were ready to leave JNF and find another forum, until...

Foo announced that it was all a joke. Haha. Funny. OK, I was still pissed off and it took me a while to calm down, but now I can laugh about it. In fact, I am so relieved cause right now I cant imagine life without JNF. Its what keeps me sane here at work. Its a place where I can unwind, let out my frustrations and talk to really cool people, some of whom have become really close friends over these past few years. So I am glad it was a joke. I am not "naar", "anal" or any other dumb thing I have been called since then. I can take a joke, its just that sometimes it takes a bit longer with me than with most people. But I am over it.
My experiences with pranks have been anything but fun. I swore to myself that I would never prank anyone for as long as I live, after my trip to Cape Town last year. But that is another story. Maybe I will tell it tomorrow.
Long Live JNF!!!

In Vomit's words (or images) this is how I felt about this saga:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

man i am one sexy monkey!!

sorry for giving you so much stick

Anonymous said...

Dont worry Caz, you and I were in the same boat.
I even kakked on martin most of the way home.

I am not to good at taking pranks well, maybe its coz no matter how dumb the prank chances are I'll fall for it

CaZ said...

Me too Berny. Me too.

Vomit - you are forgiven. As long as you dont ask me to hug you again.

Anonymous said...

oh alright!!