Monday, February 26, 2007

Glowing in Roxy's Darkness


Another round of begging (this time with ice cream used as a bribe) to get Ferdi to go to Roxys. I am running out of tactics here but hey, at least I got to go to this gig. Plus it didn’t hurt to tell Ferdi that he could get himself a state of the art, glow-in-the-dark t-shirt from Aion Truth!

After mommy’s pizza, Ferdi, Shawn and I met Dylan, Amy and Tarryn outside Fontana’s and waited for the rest of the Aion Truth crew and the t-shirts. Eventually they all arrived, and after a round of hugs and good games, we each got a tshirt, button, sticker and complimentary ticket to get into Roxys. I was happy to see that the girls' tees had pink in it (Powerpuff style! Woohoo!). We changed our tees in the parking lot (I think I flashed a few people, even though Amy tried to help me) and then crossed the road to get to Roxys.

Scenery, the first band was already playing. All I can remember about them was the one dude’s fancy hairdo. Ferdi said it was very emo. It reminded me of the Lost Prophets hairstyles. Lol. I wish I could remember what they sounded like, but at that time I was busy mingling with the Chromium and Aion Truth guys, as well as trying to get my tshirt to glow. Best way to draw attention to my bust (thanks Matt).

For a change, Chromium played next. A welcome change, according to Matt and Adrian – they are quite tired, and usually, by the time they finish playing just about everyone is gone, so it was great for them to play early for a change. This time I found the right tipsy combination while I watched Chromium. I felt alive! Woohoo. I got a few video clips and photos and attempted a bit of laid-back headbanging – if such a thing exists. Haha. Nice thing about it is that my neck was fine afterwards. No pain whatsoever.

It was sad to see that the turnout was poor – but the blame here has to fall on Roxys. You see less and less people there every time; they are just too expensive. I was horrified when the barman told me that I had to fork out R17 for a Smirnoff Storm! WTF?? How the hell was I supposed to get tipsy happy??? I remember that last week I paid R11 for a Storm. Sure, the place was Randfontein, but that is one hell of a huge difference in price! I think I might just be one of those people to write off Roxys soon.

Next up was Torment. I saw these guys at Kahoonies with Chromium for the first time last year, so this was the second time. Awesome stuff. They started a bit slow at first but picked up a bit in the end and caught my attention. I managed to catch a huge Jagermeister sticker by pure luck. I have one already from the previous time so I wanted to find the right place to stick it, like Ferdi’s belly, but he wouldnt let me. In the end I chose a perfect spot in the middle of the floor. Good luck to the poor sod who has to peel it off. Tarryn caught one of the tshirts and gave it to me. I was so happy with it but then some moron stole it from me when I wasn’t looking. I should have asked for it back but I didn’t have the energy.

I caught up with Sensual Sloth then – I wish I had access to myspace to check out your blog! Like I said to you on Friday, I feel like I am missing out on so much. But thanks for all your updates here and for putting me on the Kahoonies guestlist on Saturday. Unfortunately, I couldn’t make it cause I didn’t have a lift.

I then engaged Hannes from Chromium in a long conversation about the Coke Fest and Axl Rose. The lucky bugger managed to score free tickets to the concert. Damn. At least there will be some recognisable faces at the golden circle! He asked me if Ferdi was my brother. I said yeah, he is my "little brother". He looked at me very seriously and said "I wouldnt call him little. Youngest yes, but not little!" LOL!!

Finally Aion Truth came on. I really must make an effort to learn their songs a bit better cause they rock! I got some video clips and photos as well (I also blinded Matt, haha) and screamed, whooped and shouted. These guys (and girl) are gonna go places. Thumbs up to them!
As soon as they finished we had to leave as Ferdi had an early job interview the next morning. I demanded a hug from Matt and got one as well from a tipsy (but not drunk) Jared on my way out. I didn’t want to leave, the evening went by too quickly. But I guess that’s what happens when you are having a good time!

Oh, and speaking of good times – well freaking done to the Lions for breaking the evil spell In Australia by beating Western Force 25-24. A narrow win, but a win nonetheless! Congrats boys!!!

Hopefully we will be getting a Fat Eye from this Fat Eye sometime this week. A lot of gold sporting moments happened this weekend!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe morgan got engaged, my life is over

Anonymous said...

What??? when did she get engaged????

Well I wish I was at the gig :( and I wish I could have gone on saturday :(

I need a life

CaZ said...

Yeah, I heard she got engaged recently.

There is so much I forgot to tell you about Friday night, like how I convinced a certain someone that Im 24!!!

LOL.