Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Agggg, happy wellington's day

Some time at the end of last year, I told you about the day I went to see Aladdin at the theatre, starring Eden, SA's prettier than me boy band. These boys crossed my path again last night. I was already dreading yesterday's "Welcome Back / pre-Valentine's Day party at work for a number of reasons: 1. I dont know too many people here yet 2. The few that I do know, only some were attending the party 3. being a tuesday night, I wasnt in the mood for a hangover the next day (I have one anyway) 4. I am very very very tired these days, I can barely be alive on weekends and 5. I absolutely hate Valentine's Day.


And Eden made it reason no. 6. It was announced yesterday afternoon that they were performing at the party(I could almost hear a simultaneous groan coming from the males, and screams from the females), it was sort of a surprise. My friend had come to visit me and I told her to come as she is a huge fan of theirs. If she hadnt already made plans, she would have gladly stayed (and made my evening less painful) so she sulked for a bit then left. 5 Minutes later I get a frantic phone call from her. She bumped into Eden downstairs by the lift. And almost had heart failure. Lol. She is hilarious.


My boss (well, now ex-boss, so lets call him my former boss from now on) insisted all week that I attend this party AND that I stay late. I eventually agreed but the bugger got a mouthful from me just now cause he left me all alone in the end and went home!!


I went down to the do with two of my colleagues. I must admit that this bank goes all out with parties; the garden was beautifully decorated with hearts (cringe), couches, etc pink and red everywhere. I had a few drinks then mingled with the crowd. When Eden came on, I sat on a wall right in front with some of the girls as my high heels were sinking into the ground.


They sucked from beginning to end and they could tell the crowd was not really enjoying the music. A few tannies were dancing in front (they even pulled me in once, I then ran away) but eventually they too got tired. Since not many people were watching them, they made too much eye contact with me. I looked away, embarrassed (and without a care in the world eventually) every time.


Halfway through their performance, I looked behind me and to my horror I saw that I was now sitting all alone! The girls had gone to get a drink and did not come back! A photographer even took a pic of me sitting there! What will this do to my reputation? It was completely tarnished, let me tell you. One of the dealers came to sit by me during the last song (everybody started to cheer when they heard it was the last song - you should have seen the look on Eden's faces. I actually felt bad for them) and she said to me that even though I had said I didnt like Eden, it now looked as if I did like them cause I was the only one sitting there watching them. Oh dear! Im gonna have to rectify that!


When they finished, the DJ came on, and it looked like Eden made a quick exit through the back door. Haha, shame, poor buggers. And I realised that they are not even that pretty anyway!


I stuck around for a bit longer, got introduced to a few people, drank some more and then went back up to the office and sobered up. Its going to take me a while to get used to these people.


Oh, and Happy Wellington's Day.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - i love your blogs ... they amuse me!!!

Me again to inform you on up and coming gigs from Knave, Torment and Falling Short ... among othrs you need to get drumsticks from!!! lol

This weekend - Saturday

Torment - Nile with Solitary Second and 21 Guns
Knave - Kahoonies with Deitys muse, Blue Bird Theory and Albino Beach

Next Weekend - Fri
Torment - Roxys with Chromium, Aion Truth and Scenery

Next weekend - Sat
Falling Short - Kahoonies with Chromium, Inersha and Iberah

LOTSA drum sticks and promo gear :)
Hope to see you there!!!
www.myspace.com/black_pencil_studios

CaZ said...

Thanks Sensual Sloth!!!

We will be going to Roxys on Friday next weekend so hope to see you there!!

(hmmmm must try to get to kahoonies too!)

Anonymous said...

Should be good :)