Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Financial planning for dummies

It seems that my debt woes are catching up with me again. Around this time of the year I suffer from extreme stress about how I am going to make ends meet until August - increase and bonus month. I drew up my budget for the month this morning, since it's payday today, and I have been sulking ever since cause it just doesn't look good.

I was doing fine, quite well actually, until I decided to throw the biggest bash of the year and go on a manic DVD/CD/Book shopping spree, and now the huge expense on the Guns n Roses (My Coke Fest) tickets. I did the math. How could I have spent so much money without noticing that my savings were slowly nearing depletion? Am I that bad with money? It looks that way. As soon as I have money to spend, I look for ways to get rid of it immediately, mostly on things I dont need. Saving is just not in my vocabulary. But it's about time I learnt the meaning of the word. Saving. Save damnit!

My brother has the simple solution to all this: just stop buying shit. Sounds easy, doesnt it? Its true that I spend a lot of my money on crap, but how do I stop? Its almost like a disease, and I am sure that most girls will agree with me. Screw the term "Retail therapy". To me, its more like a "Retail Virus". It doesnt go away that easily.

But I am sure as hell going to try to get rid of it. I cant go on like this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel, I am gona make a loan from mommy dearest before this month is over for me :(

We can do it together, each time you hear I bought something make me regret it!

CaZ said...

Yes m'am!!!

Wish I could borrow money from mommy. I wonder if Weasel would wire me some money....mmmm

Inki said...

Dammit, i got the prefect solution. Get a rich boyfriend, marry him too if u have to. It's the only way. Do it, do it. I know we hate them, but we need to solve our problems some how. It's fun using men anyway. Haha

Inki said...

I', kidding, thats not the right thing to do. Plus, men like that are hard to find, more women are rich nowadays than men, hehe

Anonymous said...

hey i know how you feel cazz, i'm only begining to get out of debt now, eventually i just got sick and tired of being broke