Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Hooters should be banned

And I don’t mean that famous “restaurant” in the States, talking about car hooters here.

I am extremely grumpy today so don’t expect me to be nice or even remotely helpful. I did not get enough sleep last night. Ferdi taped Nip/Tuck for me so I could go to bed early as I was feeling rather tired. Just as I was about to fall asleep, some moron starts to hooting across the road from our house. I suppose it was still early so I thought ok fine, let’s go back to sleep. But no, this moron kept on hooting, every 2 minutes or so, for what seemed like forever. I heard my uncle next door shouting at this guy but it fell on deaf ears. He kept on hooting. Whoever’s attention he was trying to get, was ignoring the hell out of him and annoying the hell out of me!!

Eventually he went away but that buggered up my sleep. I couldn’t fall asleep now as I was wide awake. Thanks a lot you stupid git. But I managed to fall asleep, finally.

Until I was rudely awakened at 4am this morning, probably by the same f*cker. WTF!!! The hooting started again! This time at regular intervals and to add the cherry on top, he had his kak music on full blast. He was either drunk or stupid, maybe both. Now I say he cause it just had to be a male. I stuck my head out the window but I couldn’t see anything without my contact lenses. Of course, I didn’t get any sleep after that until my alarm went off.

I get little sleep as it is these days and this is certainly not helping my mood. I almost bit my boss’s head off this morning when he casually told me we had a meeting this morning. He had failed to let me know in advance. I counted to ten and said I would be there. And then I had to take minutes. I am not a freaking secretary. He will be lucky if I got half of what was said in that meeting.

I think I will just stare out the window for the rest of the day and dream about a world free of hooters.

Edit: I am going to keep a collection of rocks under my bed. Pity I throw like a girl though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I experience lack of sleep too, but mine is thanks to dumbass neighbours who dont know that a radio has a volume button for a reason.

Hope you get some rest tonight!