Monday, June 25, 2007

I love my penis

That was the catch phrase of the day at the Seasons Wither Rock Fest at Tempos on Saturday. Yes, I said penis. We all said penis a lot. Inki, Rudi and I narrowly beat Martin and Berny to Tempos, just in time to get some free Jager shots and enter the raffle for the guitar (unfortunately none of us won it, damn). It was still bright and early, just after 1pm when the first band, Fearfall, kicked off on the Marshall Music Stage. We parked near the stage and got us some Seasons Wither tshirts (the ones Berny and Inki are wearing below). I chose to keep my Aion Truth tshirt on, and left my Seasons Wither tshirt in Martin's car.

Just before End of Autumn's turn on stage came up, we hijacked Timmy the drummer and got him to pose for a pic with us. For the past few months we have been chatting to him in the UJfm chat room so it was cool to finally put a face and voice to the maroon bold print, lol. I was quite impressed with his band. We all moved to the front of the stage, watching cautiously for that ominous hole under the stage, and rocked to the tunes. Timmy broke his snare drum, and then threw it at the crowd. Berny got it, and promised to split half of it with me. Im still waiting. Hmmm. After they finished their set, Rudi went on stage to get it signed. We cant take him anywhere. Lol.

Matt from Chromium was attacked next. I cant say why we made him blush, but he definitely went red in the face. Could have been the sun, but we know better. Hahahaha. We discussed random stuff like chatting on msn/mxit, and about our little UJfm debate on how Chromium is NOT too loud in the morning. Its better than coffee for a good wake up call!


Ah, and here is my penis. As I was making a trip to the loo, I bumped into Jean from Knave. After a hug, he sneaked in this sticker and stuck it on my arm. I went back to my peeps and proudly showed it off. Of course, they all wanted some too. After searching desperately for Jean, we managed to hound Louis from Knave, who also posed for a pic, hehehhhehh. We all love penis.




I think we missed the next few bands as we posed for all these pics and met up with other people etc. After a few months of chatting online, I also got to meet Stix. As soon as he arrived, I dragged him to watch Tony Danza, a band that I think is hilarious and quite enjoy watching. Berny, the lucky bugger, won an Ozzy CD that was thrown into the crowd. How that girl manages to catch all these things escapes me, she is too damn fast. But Im glad she won it. We are both huge Ozzy fans.


I watched a bit of Unlisted too, but after that I didnt really pay much attention. The rugby had started so we moved to the bar, but I couldnt concentrate on that either. My attention span was worse than a 4 year-old with ADD. I moved around a lot and eventually settled down when Aion Truth came on stage just after 7pm. It was already a long day, which at the same time was flying (if that makes any sense) and I was exhausted. But we still rocked to my favourite band, of course!!! While Berny and I were bobbing our heads up and down, this creepy guy stood right behind us with a weird smile on his face. We gave him a dirty look and then put our arms around each other and moved from side to side to give him the message that he must buzz off. But he wouldnt leave. I turned around once more and thats when my eyes opened wide and my mouth dropped. This creepy guy was actually Judd, the former drummer from Munkinpure. He had told us he was going to meet us Tempos, but we just didnt recognise him because of his unshaven face!!! Hahahhahaha. We had a good laugh about it, then posed for mountains of photos.



After Aion Truth, again my concentration lacked, so I moved between stages and watched a bit of Deity's Muse, Torment, Falling Short, Knave and Hikatori. Not that I dont like the bands, because I seriously do, but I was just too hyper to stay in one place at a time. Plus there were so many people, too many people actually. It made me dizzy. I was most disappointed that I wasnt able to watch Falling Short and Torment's full sets. I have to make it up to these boys BIG TIME.



I posed for more random pics with random people, like Wes from Torment and then Charles (Torment) and Bianca, then finally settled down to watch Chromium. They had such a huge crowd! It was electrifying! I then remembered that the UJ dj's were MC'ing that night, lol. What a space cadet I am. I managed to bump into Sam, and then Klaus, but that was about it. Oh well. Chromium was on fire and got the crowd going. I loved every minute of it.




Unfortunately, we left after Chromium ended cause everyone, including myself, was tired. So we missed out on Inersha, Monkeyfinger, Guernica and Chokehold. But it was still one of the best shows I have ever attended. No wait, let me correct that, it WAS THE BEST show I have ever attended!!! I hope there will be more like these in the future!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

man i wish i was there

Anonymous said...

That was a great show.
Sucked that I didnt get to see all the bands I wanted to but non the less I saw alot, and yes I got to see Drummer boy lol

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome!!
Tink