Sunday, June 17, 2007

Back in da hood

Going back to my old neighbourhood turned out the be scarier than we anticipated. I think we were there for a total of five minutes before we were out of the quicker than you could say "Bring out the shotguns!" I dont know what was scarier, the pub down the road from my old house, or London Calling full of metalheads in what looked like a scene from Little Shop of Horrors. Yes, they even scared me. I was a little disappointed that we didnt go in to see the bands, but trust me, that is not a place you want to be hanging around. Its amazing how much the 'hood has changed since we moved out 6 years ago.

In those 5 minutes, I gave the girls a quick tour of my old neighbourhood (the boys were in Weasel's car) and then we decided to go to the KEG in Bedfordview. On the way we passed Jeppe Prep, my old school, as well as Jeppe Boys and Girls. Of course, I went to Jeppe Girls and Weasel and Ferdi went to Jeppe Boys. Lol. It was funny they way we drove all this way, and ended up at the KEG, so far away from home.

At the KEG, we went right to the top, where it was rather quiet, and soon it got rather noisy with us hooligans. We started off with Jagerbombs and proceeded from there. I thought this was a much better option rather than to go watch bands, as we got the chance to chat all night, talk crap and make jokes. I must say we all rather enjoyed it.

After all those drinks, I was surprisingly fine and was rather alert on the way home. Some people, I wont mention names (lol), were drunk and disorderly, and we had to stop about 5 times before we got home. The creative juices flowed in Berny's veins as she composed (and sang) a lovely song for us, so we even had "in flight" entertainment! How lucky are we? lol. Part of my co-pilot duties were to keep the driver calm, Uli, and quieten down the rowdy passengers. But it was all good in the end as we made it home safe and sound.

As for a certain birthday boy, well, he wanted to sleep in the toilet, even dared to ask for a chair. I just thought it was really funny that he got up the next morning, bright and early and feeling fine, while Weasel was eventually dragged out of bed, at in 1 in the afternoon. Sheesh, these slackers...haha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe Sorry, but we needed to get bleeding lips started.

Unknown said...

So if I went to South Africa, in the near future, and took a tour of our old neighborhood ... I would be shocked! Could you describe it for me?
Thanks, Sheila

CaZ said...

Well it was kind of dark when we went there, so all I can say is that it looked SCARY!!! And badly looked after. Sigh, I miss the good old days.