Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I beg for a better day today!!!!

Yesterday was a day to be reckoned with. After a sleepless night of tossing and turning painfully, while screaming into my pillow, I woke up feeling miserable and in need of meds. My lower back pain is back with a vengeance, giving me sleepless nights and unabling me to walk, stand or sit properly. Im not too sure what triggered it this time, but since I havent been doing my exercises for months now, its not surprise that my back is telling me to get back on the treadmill!!!

I crawled to work and put on a brave face - I didnt want anyone to tell me again that I have to go to physio or go for a voltaren injection (though I really should). But my grimaces and slight limp gave it all away.

Comfort food always helps so I got a sticky caramel muffin in the cafeteria downstairs. The hot chocolate smells coming from the coffee area attracted me so I got me a cup as well. The lift took forever to get there and I was so afraid I was going to have one of my klutz moments and spill the hot choc all over the place. Eventually I made it to my desk, safe and sound, painfully sat and my desk, peeled of the lid of the hot choc cup and chatted a bit on UJfm.

Something triggered my excitement because before I knew it, I had knocked over my cup and spilled hot chocolate all over my desk. I shouted a big loud F*CK! and immediately people came running to my rescue with napkins and tissues. Miraculously, it missed my laptop, but my desk phone was a sticky mess. Half of a box of tissues later, all the hot chocolate was wiped off, but very sticky, so I used a wet cloth from the kitchen to get rid of all that. I then sat on my chair with a defeated look, crying over spilt milk (and hot chocolate lol). OK, I didnt cry, but I was quite upset with my clumsiness.

The day didnt get any better, as my pain worsened and I was bored to tears. I hate quiet weeks, I'd rather be busy with work. It just keeps me out of mischief.

So Im hoping for a better day today. The back pain is still there, but things are looking up. This morning I got to work to find a pair of toe socks and one of those coloured block cube thingies that you have to sort out. Weird gifts and Im still not too sure why we all got them, but who cares? At least I got something to keep me occupied today!! (oh, and my boss is off ill today, hee hee hee. Hope karma doesnt get me for saying this).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, shame Cazz! I hope that you feel better soon and that today is better than yesterday!

HUGS!!!!

Tink

Anonymous said...

Ai we need to get that back of yours sorted!

Hope you have a fab (lol) Day

CaZ said...

Fab!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! hope not

This back will be fine, I need to be fit and ready for Saturday!!!

Unknown said...

Do an acupuncture or shiatsu massage session. Both of them eases the pain and relaxes your muscles. Get well soon