Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Saga of the Waffle

I woke up in such a good mood this morning. No struggles to get out of bed. The sun was shining (ok, I lie, it was still dark, but I knew it was going to shine sooner or later), the birds were singing, I had a good feeling that it was going to be a goooood day. Why? Because I was damn sure that I was going to have waffles with ice-cream for breakfast. My friend and I had decided yesterday that this morning we would treat ourselves to some, just cause we felt like it. Who would say no to waffles???

So I get to work, with a spring in my step and whistle down the corridors, get to my desk and wait patiently for my friend to arrive. And I wait. And I wait. And I wait some more. People start to arrive, some old gran gives me her breakfast order since I stupidly told her I was going to the restaurant anyway to have some waffles. It's past 8 in the morning and I am still waiting. WHERE THE HELL WAS SHE????

Eventually I get an sms from her, telling me she is sick so she won't be coming to work. OH! The HORROR of it all!!!! What was I to do? How could this happen? I needed those waffles more than I needed my coffee fix, more than, do I dare to say it, than COKE!

I had even announced on jnf that I was about to have waffles, and in the process became the envy of an unfortunate few. Maybe I jinxed it there. Funny how karma works. So instead, I was stuck eating my boring muesli, which always makes my jaw hurt afterwards from having to chew so carefully.

My craving has not gone away. And Martin keeps on making it worse, by posting pics of yummy waffles on jnf, and adding the word "waffle" here and there in all his sentences. People have died for less, Martin!


3 comments:

The Real Marbro said...

Waffley waffle waff waff...Waffle waffle.Then waffle waffle.Ooooo waffle waffley waffle.waffle

CaZ said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! You are so mean!!!

Sniff, I want me waffles. Sniff

CaZ said...

Let's just say that that belly he is so proud of...wont be around much longer if carries on like that!!

(but yeah, I can see the funny side of it too. If only this craving wouldnt hurt so much!!)

I need to get to CT, FAST!!!