Thursday, September 07, 2006

Let's be Thankful

Don’t you get tired of people moaning all the time about how much their life sucks, how kak this country is, their jobs, their bodies, their neighbours next door, etc? I see myself falling into this trap easily as I read through previous blogs. It’s so easy to bitch and moan about everything under the sun, it has become the norm. We get out panties into such a tight knot that we forget about the good things in our lives that we should really be thankful for. And most of us, truly have blessed lives. There are a lot of people out there who are so much more unfortunate than us, yet they are so thankful for what little they have. We could learn a lot from them.

My friend went to a function yesterday that was held for the benefit of the “Reach for a Dream” Foundation. By just telling me about these kids’s stories, brought tears to my eyes which I struggled to keep inside. It’s amazing what a cest for life they have, despite being terminally ill. I hope that I can do my little bit to make some of their dreams come true. They have inspired me to do something.

In addition, instead of complaining every day about something on my blog, I am going to try and make it upbeat and really worth reading. Note, I said I am going to try – there might be a few days in the month when I am feeling hormonal and will need to complain, bitch and moan about something. It’s inevitable.

So today I am going to make a list of things I should, and am, thankful for:

- I have my health, and will probably lead a long prosperous life.
- I have a job that pays well, that allows me a lot of free time to blog, chat and do other things without being constantly under my boss’ control.
- My family loves me and is there for me.
- I have many diverse, fun loving friends that make me laugh, want to spend time with me, and offer a good advice and a shoulder to cry on when I need it.
- I have a home and all the things that I need/want to make my life comfortable: clean, running water, electricity, warmth, a bed, etc.
- TV, music, books, internet.
- The ability to travel to different places every now and then.
- Being able to speak different languages and communicate with people from other cultures.
- A decent education, therefore, the ability to read and write.
- Clothes on my back, and being able to afford to buy more clothes than I really need.
- Living in a country that is somewhat free from terrorist attacks, earthquakes and tornadoes. (touch wood).
- Having food on my table, always.

And I am sure there are a whole lot more things! So life is not that bad, hey? Now go and do your list too!!!

5 comments:

The Real Marbro said...

and you have me!


thats a major plus point for everyone

CaZ said...

Mwhahahahahhahaha!!!!!!
Thanks! I needed a laugh!!!

Now make YOUR list!!

CaZ said...

Vomit! Good games are gay!!!

Anonymous said...

now that I think about it I also have alot to be thankful for.
Thanks for this cazzy it made me think which is a good thing.

CaZ said...

Cool!!! This is the kind of attitude I like to see!!!