Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I like big butts...

...and I cannot lie.
Ok, that was a kak way to start but that is probably cause it has been a kak week so far and I am not feeling very inspirational. In the aftermath of the beerfest, I firmly believe that I killed the last few brain cells I had - and yes, I actually still had some left over. The days are speeding by me, while everything else seems to be going in slow motion, like my response times. Several times today I have stared at people blankly, with my mouth half open like a special child, when they asked me a question. Thank goodness I am on leave for 2 weeks at the end of the month. Must recharge the batteries then.

So what has been happening these past few days? Well, I managed to book my parents on a flight to Argentina, via Brazil, with SAA for the 16th of September. So that's a good thing. Their new tickets are already in their possession. Let's hope it all goes smoothly. Touch wood. The countdown to their departure starts once more (and to think they would have been there already, damnit). The kak thing is that it looks like it's going to be a whole lot tougher to get our money back from Varig, than we thought. But that's a long story and has everything to do with the fact that we paid with a credit card instead of cash.

Other kak things that have happened this week:
- I have been in one of the worst moods ever due to some events not even worth talking about.
- Our boss let us know more about the new structure that's gonna take place soon. We are now more confused than ever. Nothing is clear cut.
- There are rumours going round that there might be some retrenchments.
- Our teambuilding trip is going to be rescheduled, which means that it will probably be cancelled since there are no other possible dates to go this year. It's just too busy.
- My hayfever is still messing with me.
and last, but not least:
- the coolest Aussie ever, Steve "the crocodile hunter" Erwin, died yesterday in a freak accident with a stingray. RIP dude.

But I still manage to put a stupid smile on my face. The world is not THAT bad. At least I still have my health, *cough* *sneeze*.
No really, I AM smiling. Ha ha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atleast you got a flight for your parents. And I hope your hayfever goes away soon.

CaZ said...

Yeah, at least that is a bonus - and the main thing is that now they will at least get to go.

...and...


...WE CAN PARTY!!

CaZ said...

Ha ha, you are definitely one of them!
Thanks "Yink" - I still laugh at that.