Monday, September 11, 2006

The Boks win again

I think Ferdi and I have some of the best luck when we go to Ellis Park - our team wins 95% of the time. The Boks beat Australia, 24-16. It was an awesome match. I got drunk quickly under the hot sun thanks to a six-pack Ferdi and I sneaked into the stadium, and even witnessed a brawl that got under way in the first half. It kind of pissed me off cause every one stood up to watch these morons throwing punches at each other and I couldnt see what was happening on the field. Eventually security showed up and put an end to it. Oh, and Ferdi appeared on TV, with beer in hand. My photo skills improved a bit that day, and I took some cool pics. I even got a video clip of Pretorius's drop goal. Perfect timing!





To add some excitement and something funny worth to read every Monday morning, I will be posting Ferdi's weekly "Fat Eye for the Sports Guy" column that currently features on jnf. This fat boy has got some talent! So, watch this space till he gets his butt of the chair at the lunch table and posts it this afternoon!

Other than that my weekend was quite eventful but way too short. We went to the drive-in on Friday to see Miami Vice (all that was good about it was Colin Farrell, otherwise it was a huge disappointment) and The Break-up. Yesterday we went to see if Marbro actually works, at the Getaway Show at the Dome. Turns out he doesnt do much, cause he followed us around most of the time. Lol. We bought some camping gear for Woodstock. We now have a lot of tents, not enough people to sleep in them!! Oh, and we ended the weekend at Milky Lane with some yummy waffles, my craving is getting out of hand. I put the boys, and Marbro, to shame, and finished my waffle first. Heh heh heh.

2 comments:

The Real Marbro said...

I didnt follow you around.Ferdi and i were skipping on our own.Really.He is a good skipper.


and as for the boks...Lets call them lucky

CaZ said...

For someone who doesnt even watch rugby, you think you know a lot about the Boks. You werent there, it wasnt luck that gave the Boks victory, it was skill. And the fact that they finally got rid of Percy the Girl.

And yeah, you skip so nicely too.