Monday, May 15, 2006

Have a phobia?

Some people have the weirdest phobias, like fear of vegetables (my brother) and fear of kissing!!! In fact, if there is anything, anything, that you can think of, I am sure that there is someone out there in this vast universe that is afraid of it. Ever since I can remember, I have been afraid of death, which I think is quite a common fear. More specifically, I am afraid of the after-life and the concept of eternity. Is there really an after-life? Will I be happy and resting in peace? How do you measure eternity? AAHH! It drives me insane just thinking about it. Why did I even bring this up?

Other phobias I have are the following: the dark, clowns, heights, flying, dentists, and lightning, to name but a few. Despite the fact that I love watching horror films and being deeply interested in vampires, the dark still scares me. Sometimes when I wake up night I get such frights when certain shadows make it seem as if there is someone in my room! It sometimes keeps me awake for the rest of the night! I can get really paranoid sometimes.

As for clowns, I blame that entirely on Stephen King and his demonic c-c-c-lown, It. I watched that film when I was 11 and it still creeps me out. Those evil creatures must not come near me. You have to admit that a person hiding behind all that make-up has to be creepy in some sort of way. Brrr, I am getting goosebumps already!

Fear of flying and heights are quite common too. The flying I am slowly getting used to, but looking down from a very high position still makes me dizzy. Dentists? Should I say more? They are evil too! Think along the lines of “Little Shops of Horrors”. And lightning – another childhood fear. Especially when they are so loud that your windows rattle and look like they are going to shatter.

Stars have their phobias too. Here is some useless information for your perusal:
Famous Phobics

AVIOPHOBIC (afraid of flying): David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Steven Spielberg, Cher, Whoopi Goldberg, Kirstie Alley, Billy Bob Thornton.
HYDROPHOBIC (afraid of water): Joanna Lumley
AGORAPHOBIC (afraid of open spaces): Aretha Franklin, Kim Basinger
MYCTOPHOBIC (afraid of the dark): Anne Frank
SELACHOPHOBIC (afraid of sharks): Brad Pitt
OPHIDIOPHOBIC (afraid of snakes): chef Ainsley Harriot

Some more phobias…
Allodoxaphobia: opinions
Androphobia: men
Anuptaphobia: staying single (I get this, sometimes)
Arachibutyrophobia: peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth (!!!)
Caligynephobia: beautiful women
Dishabiliophobia: undressing in front of someone
Ergophobia: work (me!!)
Lachanophobia: vegetables
Mysophobia: germs
Odontiatophobia: dentists
Pocrescophobia: kissing
Philematophobia: beards (ZZ Top!)
Phobophobia: phobias

3 comments:

The Real Marbro said...

My mommy is scared of people that have lost limbs...Im scared of spiders.They have way to many legs and eyes...

Other than that.Hmm cant think of anything

CaZ said...

That reminds me, I am scared of snakes too!

Anonymous said...

I think there are few things that scare me. One of the greatest fears of mine, is to die in agony and via means of tortue. For example: a shark attack, or cancer.

I also wouldn't want to lose a body part, like a leg, or hand.

And lastly, I fear losing my sight, or hearing. Man.