Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Damage Control

As a follow-up to Sunday night’s events, it turns out that things were far worse than I had imagined. I had sent several emails to the guys apologizing for all the noise and disturbances caused that night, even though I didn’t partake in any of it. I had passed out on a mattress while the night was still young. They had accepted the apology and basically told me to forget about it. In my mind, everything was ok.

Yesterday I get 2 frantic e-mails from Ulrike and Ingrid. Two of the guys insisted on an apology because Ulrike and 2 other guys had drunk all their alcohol. Oh, boy. Suddenly fingers were being pointed at each other and no one wanted to take full responsibility. And rightly so, because we all had a guilty part in this. I should have forced them to leave when I wanted to leave. Needless to say, I didn’t get much work done yesterday as e-mails went to and fro, while trying to do some damage control. I know it wasn’t really me who had to apologize, but I felt somewhat responsible. These girls are like my little sisters and I needed to look out for them.

Final plan of action was to replace some of their alcohol and drop it off at the guys’ place together with a face-to-face apology. Our first obstacle was to find a bottle store that is open at 7 in the evening. After driving around frantically, even stopping at a pub, we found an open bottle store and bought a bottle of Captain Morgan, 6 pack of Hansa and a box of cigarettes. I am extremely broke but decided to chip in with the money.

In the car Ulrike practiced her speech. She was really nervous so I had to struggle to hold back my giggles cause I thought she was taking it a bit too seriously. When we got there the guys were quite surprised that we bought them alcohol and actually felt bad. Uli said her speech but the boys just couldn’t hold back their laughter, which in a way was good because they made light of the situation. Everything was cool. We are still allowed to visit. Phew! Though I did get kakked on by one of the guys for apologizing when I didn’t do anything wrong. Lol. Like I said before, I was just looking out for my girls. I’d do just about anything for them. At least, now we can relax. But sure as anything, something like this will never happen again! We have all learnt our lesson!

Although, to quote one of the guys, “Never is a very long time”.

No comments: