Thursday, May 25, 2006

Busy Day

Today has been one helluva busy day trying to get all my work out of the way before I go in for my op next week. I basically have 2 days left of work and the harder I try to sort everything out the worse it gets. End of month is always a killer. Suddenly everyone wants things done, yesterday. I shouldn’t even be writing a blog today but I need a break, damnit. And to make things worse, my friends insist that I join them for lunch. I can’t afford to (time and money wise) but I still go. So that is another hour wasted.

I usually try to get to the office by 7 am. It’s still very quiet then as I am usually the first one to arrive. It’s the perfect time to get most of my work done but somehow that never happens. I start by opening my inbox and go through my emails. Usually it is just junk mail but lately I seem to be getting a lot of jokes. So I go through them and have a bit of a laugh. Before I know it, 10-20 minutes have lapsed. I then go onto www.jnforums.com (best SA chat site, by the way) and see what new posts have come up and reply to several. That takes at least another 30 minutes of my morning. Suddenly it is 8 am and my friends want to go for coffee. So that is another 30 minutes, it can even take up to an hour depending on the conversation.

So when do I work? I wonder sometimes. Before I started to get chronic tonsillitis I’d sneak an hour and half workout at the gym, mostly in the mornings. We have a gym here at work so it is very convenient and we are allowed to go during working hours. So if I am not doing that, then I am busy emailing, chatting, going for coffee, talking on the phone, picking my nose etc etc. The fun never stops.

I know I need some time management skills here but I am beginning to think that maybe I am lacking in job satisfaction. If I actually enjoyed what I was doing, then maybe I’d do it more often, and on time. I still get excellent performance appraisals from my boss because I am efficient from time to time but I just think I could do much better.

Ag, break has lapsed. Better get back to work, pronto!
What useless mumblings!

No comments: