Thursday, March 01, 2007

Office Anal Retentives

This week I have had to laugh at these people here, in order to prevent me from killing them. It's amazing how annoying they can get. I am so thankful for this office that I have where I can escape their whining and constant bitching, but I am afraid that my escapism to paradise will be short-lived.

The main issue was over the 3G cards. By some sheer miracle I was included in the list and now I am a proud owner of a 3G card (that keeps on kicking me out of the internet but that's another story, damn MTN). We had to wait quite a while before the 3G cards were ordered, delivered and installed in our laptops. A little over a month, I think. But we managed, we carried on with our work as per usual. The trouble started when it came to activating the cards. We forwarded our SIM and PUK numbers to the IT lady in charge so she could get MTN to activate them.

I figured this would take a while so in the meantime I carried on as usual and waited patiently till all was sorted. But this was not so for our almighty marketers. Oh no. They were so goddamned impatient, bitching every moment they got about "how long this was taking" and taking turns to phone the poor IT chick to find out what was happening. It was 3G this and 3G that. I felt bad for her. Seriously. This happens every time they get a new toy. Worse than a spoilt brat at Christmas. They want it, and they want it NOW!

It took a whole 2 or 3 days to get them activated (weekend in between) and now they are up and running. But they still manage to annoy me. They just dont know how to ask for things. For them, everything is a HUGE DRAMATIC problem and has to be sorted out now. More bitch, bitch, moan, moan. They belong in theatre. To keep my sanity, I count to 10, smile and offer my assistance. Then I go back to my desk quietly and laugh and cry at the same time.

It seems that the rest of the RMB people are anal retentive too. At least once a week, we receive a bulk email from a very irate person whose parking was stolen by some other fool. Parking bays are allocated to all those that need it and god forbid you should park in someone else's space! We will all then get a very snotty email from the victimised soul asking the culprit to "remove their car and please contact them" so they can be reprimanded. (Funny enough, IT put a stop to these bulk emails yesterday as its abused by these people and others requesting phone chargers, lifts, lost access cards etc).

To all these people I say: GET A LIFE!!!

No comments: