Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Friday night at Sundowners

After 6 U-turns, we eventually found Sundowners in a dark secluded spot. Despite the surroundings, the evening turned out to be kickass! As the newly appointed sergeant of the Aion Truth Army (together with Berny) I made it my mission to support Aion Truth as much as I can. They have really come a long way and are doing so well! I am so proud of them!

First up was Jam on Tuesday, led by Gill. I enjoyed watching this band, they were super chilled. In the meantime I was indulging in the cheap drinks at the bar. For someone like me, who is usually broke, I felt as if I was in alcohol heaven! Lol.


Then it was Aion Truth. I was glad to see a big crowd going wild to their tunes. This was one of their better performances, for sure, and their new song, “Deliver Us” is surely going to be a hit! Cant wait to listen to the demo! I went a bit trigger happy and got some nice photos of the band. I just hope I didn’t blind them with my overpowering flash. Lol. They must have felt like the true celebrities that they should be as cameras clicked all over the front of the stage.

Next was Falling Short. I had been chatting to their lead singer, Reinard, for a while now on myspace, but I was not sure what he really looked like. Eventually I took a chance and approached the guy that I thought might be him. And I was right. What a cool guy! I stood in front and watched them play. I enjoyed their stuff too.


While I waited patiently for Chromium to set up, Ferdi, Amy, Tarryn and I enclosed little Dylan in a group hug. The little Weasel managed to escape out of it. Strange that he doesn’t like group hugs…lol. When Chromium was ready to start, we moved to the front and went crazy. Halfway through the set, Adrian through a Chromium button at the crowd, I managed to smack it out of some girl’s hand. It then fell to the floor but I was too quick for her. I stood on it with my foot and recovered it from the floor. It was all mine, my preciousssssss.


After the gig I got another button from Jared, for my sidekick, Berny. She has to have one too, of course.
The evening ended well, and soon after Ferdi and I headed home, not without getting lost once. I wanted to go on to Roxys with the Falling Short guys, but I was tired, and I needed to get up early to await my uncle and aunt’s arrival from Argentina.

Cant wait for the next gig now! Saturday at Kahoonies! Be there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww so sweet of you to think of me!
I will treasure that button!!

Thanks buddy!