Friday, March 02, 2007

Guilt

This morning I have been ravaged by huge amounts of guilt. First of all, I decided to skip the annual JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge last night. I brought my bag and everything to work yesterday but at the last minute I decided against it. So this broke my tradition after 3 years of running in a row. I hadnt trained for it, nor I had I even gone near a gym for the last month or so. I probably would have had heart failure after 1km. Haha. So I felt so guilty that I just had to share it witht the rest of the UJfm listeners. Nic the DJ played Chromium for me.

And now we have the Shaveathon going on in the dealing room right now. Emails are flying back and forth from all the Treasury hotshots challenging each other to shave their precious locks. And they are pledging big bucks here, these people do not mess around. Its enough to make me choke. And here I am worrying about my measly R50 which I cannot fork out. I am hiding here in my office hoping that no one will notice that I havent joined in the fun yet. One more hour and Im out of here - off to Bank City to have lunch with a friend.

You see, my priorities with money are screwed up. I feel really guilty that Im not doing this for cancer, but I need, no, I want to save my money for tonight. Ferdi and I are going to Marbro and Berny's motherland, Randfontein, for their Beerfest / Annual show etc (did anyone mention De La Rey? Haha). Its a brother and sister night. So thats where my money is going. But at least I still have a chance to redeem myself at Cresta's Shaveathon tomorrow. If I have money left over, that is!

No comments: