Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I have been lazy

I haven't kept up to date with my blog now for a while as I have not only gotten lazy but I have become addicted to myspace and JNF while burning the midnight oil. Who thought that this wonderful 3G card would deprive me of sleep and basically a social life! Ok, I still maintain a good social life, having attended some really good gigs lately, but I feel like I am a walking zombie. Ah, the joys of the internet.

So if I have been browsing the internet during ungodly hours, why havent I updated my blog? I am afraid I dont know the answer to that, I guess other things have kept me occupied.

Last Saturday was also a momentous occassion for our family. It was the first time ever, in almost 19 years since we first landed in South Africa, that one of our relatives came to visit us here in the land of the wild (they think we live in a jungle with animals roaming free, haha). Well, actually, two of them came, my aunt and uncle. My uncle is also my godfather.

So I am so excited to have them here. Unfortunately I havent been able to spend much time with them since I have to work, and they are busy travelling all over the place with my parents and other aunt and uncle. I would have loved to join them, but I am broke. There is nothing I can do about that now.

This week they all went to the Kruger National Park (been there, done that, twice, got extremely bored, twice). And they experienced it to the full - quite literally actually. One of the car's battery went dead in the middle of the park! 300 metres from a pack of Lions! While one car went to get help, some 60km away, my dad and uncle sat in the car terrified, armed with knives and pitch forks, as they couldnt close the electric windows. Sounds like something out of a movie. My uncle said he poked one lion in the eye, but I could not take him seriously, lol.

Three hours later they were rescued, safe and sound. Why does it always get interesting when I am not around? Not that I'd want to be anywhere near lions!!! (unless we are talking about the rugby team, hehehehhhhh)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha I would rather be closer to the animal, they are better at what they do

CaZ said...

Hey! Dont diss my rugby team!!!